works well: student essay feedback with camera, Evernote and Skitch

Swissmorgy

Hi everyone

I'm a high school teacher in Switzerland I regularly have to correct students essays handwritten or paper.
I sucessfully do this in the following way using Evernote:

• Students hand in their texts.
  • I open a new note in Evernote Mobile and I take photographs of all handwritten pages of one student.
    I use a new note for each student
    (A reduced resolution is good enough and doesn't overload the notes)
    (I watch out for the correct orientation of the camera)
  • I sync all the notes to my my computer and rename them logically with the students' names.
  • Later, for corrections and feedback, I open the notes on Evernote Desktop.
    I click on the @ symbol of each photo to open the Evernote Skitch editor.
    With Skitch, I write directly in to the texts using text, symbols, colours etc.
  • Finally I, print these edited photos and hand them back to the student with their untouched texts.
    (Sometimes, I also export them digitally and hand them in digitally)
  • The students can edit or correct their texts into a final version.
    (If it makes sense, they can keep my feedback photos)

Hope this might help someone or inspire to further ideas.

Swissmorgy

PS: Please notice: I do not give any help on how to write good texts and essys here in the forum...

• Like 2
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

People really struggle with writing and the problems start when you go to college. You will have to write a lot of essays and they have to be good. When I started college I thought that I could just copy stuff from internet and my teacher will not know about that. The thing is they can check everything for plagiarism and If they find it you will fail. I was failing until I found a company that does Essay writing help. They have professional writers on any topic you might need. Their work is really good and they helped me get good grades on my essays.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/1/2015 at 9:15 PM, Swissmorgy said:

Hi everyone

I'm a high school teacher in Switzerland I regularly have to correct students essays handwritten or paper.
I sucessfully do this in the following way using Evernote:

• Students hand in their texts.
  • I open a new note in Evernote Mobile and I take photographs of all handwritten pages of one student.
    I use a new note for each student
    (A reduced resolution is good enough and doesn't overload the notes)
    (I watch out for the correct orientation of the camera)
  • I sync all the notes to my my computer and rename them logically with the students' names.
  • Later, for corrections and feedback, I open the notes on Evernote Desktop.
    I click on the @ symbol of each photo to open the Evernote Skitch editor.
    With Skitch, I write directly in to the texts using text, symbols, colours etc.
  • Finally I, print these edited photos and hand them back to the student with their untouched texts.
    (Sometimes, I also export them digitally and hand them in digitally)
  • The students can edit or correct their texts into a final version.
    (If it makes sense, they can keep my feedback photos)

Hope this might help someone or inspire to further ideas.

Swissmorgy

PS: Please notice: I do not give any help on how to write good texts and essys here in the forum...

Yes, it does sound really great. Organizing your workflow is very important and productive.

• 7 months later...
On 4/8/2021 at 5:32 PM, Stephen Gray said:

Yes, it does sound really great. Organizing your workflow is very important and productive.

I'm also totally agree with you here. Without proper organizing you can't do better. Actually, a proper organize will help you to make the task more easier. I worked as a annotated bibliography writer  https://studyclerk.com/annotated-bibliography-writing-service But I would like to know more about Evernote skitch. That's why I joined here. I just need someone help right now. Thank you!