Evernote and Blinkist

Holly88

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me. I've recently started using Blinkist (a great site that distills non-fiction books down in to quick 15 min reads) and it has a function where your highlights can sync through to Evernote. The only problem is that (at least with the default settings) they don't consolidate in to a single note... so you end up with ten separate notes, one for each sentence or paragraph of text you've highlighted.

Can anyone tell me how I can change it so these auto-consolidate?

Thanks

Hi Holly88,

I'm a cofounder at Blinkist. First of all, thanks for upgrading!

Currently we create a separate notebook for every note, unfortunately there is no way to change this right now. We're going to ship some updates to the Evernote sync in the next weeks that will allow you more personalized options for creating and organizing your notes. 

I'd love to get your thoughts on this.  Feel free to reach out to me via Twitter (@jansenniklas) or email.

Best,

Niklas

• 1 month later...

yeah, I just signed up for blinkist yesterday, integrated kindle and evernote, then started in on my first title. Was dismayed to see a crapload of notes in evernote like the OP states, a separate one for each highlight.

I appreciate Niklas chiming in here and I'll email him separately, but wanted to add here that this is absolutely behavior I have to see change to use this integration. For now I'll have to turn it off.

What I'm curious about, though, is if I turn off the evernote connection, then after reading and highlighting a title I THEN send it to kindle, will what shows up on kindle have my highlights? I'll have to test that. If so, then one work around is to read the title in the native blinkist app, then send the highlighted version to kindle and now go to my kindle account on amazon, go to the highlights page for that title, then copy and paste it all into a new note in evernote. It's what I currently do for non fiction stuff I read natively in kindle.

My ideal behavior here in blinkist would be that blinkist doesn't automatically send ANYTHING to evernote. Just give me the option at some point to send all highlights for a title to evernote, prompting me when it does it for the notebook I want to use, tags, etc...

• 4 months later...

Has this been fixed?     I just discovered Blinkist today and this is a great idea.     I've actually been hiring Virtual Assistants to this kind of thing for me so I have the notes in Evernote.      For each title, I have a Note -- that note has all of my highlights for that book along with two URL's that link to Podcast interviews with the authors.       I was just about to pay for Blinkist ($79/year), but if this app creates a separate note for every highlight, then I wouldn't use it.       Your thoughts, Niklas?

Conejo23, thanks for jumping in on this question!

We solved the issues and released a new version of the export some months ago. We now create one note that bundles all your highlights for each book.

A picture of the new sync

BBRIG, I'd love to get in touch to hear how you solved the problem in the past and your experience with hiring Virtual Assistants for this. Feel free to reach out to me via Twitter (@jansenniklas) or email.

Best,

Niklas

• 1 month later...

Hi,

This doesn't work for me. Bought Blinkist about a month ago and activated the Evernote sync. The only thing that happened was that Blinkist created the notebook "Blinkist", but have never synced any notes to it when I finish books.

Any ideas? Have tried to turn off/on the sync in Blinkist a couple of times, didn't help.

Best regards,

Emil

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Emil,

I'm sorry to hear that the sync is not working for you right now. Normally all existing highlights are synced when you connect with Evernote for the first time. 

Can you please check if you see all highlights in your app? If so, please get in touch with our support team support@blinkist.com – they will help you as soon as possible.

Best,

Niklas

Hi Emil,

I'm sorry to hear that the sync is not working for you right now. Normally all existing highlights are synced when you connect with Evernote for the first time. 

Can you please check if you see all highlights in your app? If so, please get in touch with our support team support@blinkist.com – they will help you as soon as possible.

Best,

Niklas

Hi Niklas,

Got this sorted with your support. Turned out to be a misinterpreted the function from my side. I thought Highlights = Final summary, kind of a synonym. But now I understand there is a function to highlight text. Thank you :)

Best regards,

Emil

Archived