Notes and notebooks sharing question

Can anyone help - I'm sure this is completely obvious but not being able to find an answer is driving me crazy: once a notebook is shared, do all notes that are added automatically appear in the notebooks of anyone with whom the notebook has been previously shared? Or do you always have to invite people to see new notes, even if you have previously shared a notebook with them?

Thanks for this - but I'm still slightly confused. If I write a note in a notebook I have shared with a friend, but don't 'share' (on a mobile device), it seems that they do not see the new note. In other words, it sits unshared in my version of the notebook unless I actively choose to share it. Is this as it should be?

• Level 5*

If you share a notebook with someone else, then it will be visible in that person's account. Notes in a shared notebook should be visible in that shared notebook on their account, one whatever device they're using; you don't need to share notes individually if they're in a notebook that you've shared. I do this between my work and personal accounts. If they are not seeing notes in a shared notebook, then that's a problem, possibly a syncing problem.

Archived