selected clipped and saved articles disappear

andrew mack

I am an (almost) new Evernote user and --- in principle -- love the web clipper.  BUT I can't get clipped articles to save  to my Evernote Desktop ...

I select an article on the web  from -- say the New York Times -- I select "simplified article" and "First NoteBook"  and hit save.  Nothing appears in my "First Notebook" on the Evernote Desktop.  I am assuming that this refers to the default Notebook.

I assume that this is somehow a problem with Sync --have tried to manually sync but this doesn't make any difference.

Something else is odd.  There lots of Notebook folders on the Desktop but many of them show zero content yet I know that in many of them there should be five or more notes.

Any advice gratefully received.

Andrew

The Web Clipper for Chrome saves clips to the cloud. So in order for them to show up in your desktop Evernote client you must sync down the new clips = they will not show up until you sync them down. 

Also you should make sure you are signed in to the same account in both your Evernote desktop and the Web Clipper. If not the clips will go to a different account. 

Archived