How do I search for Microsoft Outlook messages?

• Level 5*

See https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php and scan down to Source:

source:[string] - matches notes that came from an application or data source that matches the argument string. Not all notes will have a "source" attribute. Standard source attributes queries include:

• source:web.clip
    • Matches notes that were clipped from a web page using an Evernote Web Clipper
  • source:mail.clip
    • Matches notes that were clipped from a local mail client
  • source:mail.smtp
    • Matches notes that were delivered to the service via the email gateway.
  • source:mobile.ios
    • Matches notes that were created on an iOS client of some form.
  • source:mobile.android
    • Matches notes that were created on an Android client of some form.
  • source:mobile.*
    • Matches notes that were created on a mobile client of some form.

Identifying DND sources would be difficult - I copy from web pages,  other documents,  desktop error windows...  most of my notes probably include some DND material - even attached files from my desktop...

• 1 year later...

Hello,

source.mail.clip is not working for me. I am clipping from Outlook but it is an Exchange account. 

I would love to filter by the e-mails I clipped to Evernote so I can find the e-mails that I chose to work and locate my unanswered e-mails in Evernote directly.

Thank you for your help.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, TK0047 said:

Hello,

source.mail.clip is not working for me. I am clipping from Outlook but it is an Exchange account. 

I would love to filter by the e-mails I clipped to Evernote so I can find the e-mails that I chose to work and locate my unanswered e-mails in Evernote directly.

Thank you for your help.

Hi.  Only thing I can suggest is that you add a tag when you clip the email and delete / change it when you deal with that email - although Evernote surely isn't that great a place to reply to emails from?

5 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Only thing I can suggest is that you add a tag when you clip the email and delete / change it when you deal with that email - although Evernote surely isn't that great a place to reply to emails from?

Right after I posted that question, that's what I exactly did, added an automatic tag option. 

I use Evernote for reference and task management. Part of my getting to inbox zero method is to send emails that will require action to Evernote. This way I go through my actionable items list in Evernote instead of having to go through bunch of emails to get to the emails that I need to act on

it also made sense to be able to filter to the emails I processed this way so that I am not missing an important email I need to take action to mixed with my other tasks that I created. 

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. 

• 9 months later...
On 10/19/2016 at 5:49 PM, TK0047 said:

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

Try source:app.ms.outlook.  I had the exact same problem, and after much research and frustration, I finally got this to work for me!

On 7/21/2017 at 2:48 PM, OCDMel said:

Try source:app.ms.outlook.  I had the exact same problem, and after much research and frustration, I finally got this to work for me!

Thank you!! This works beautifully! Although, I have been using the Automatic Tag "From Outlook" when saving to Evernote but this allowed me to find the notes prior to the autotagging.

• 1 year later...
On 7/21/2017 at 2:48 PM, OCDMel said:

Man, I was really hoping this was going to work for me. It almost did. When I used that I got some emails but they were from my old job where the server configurations must have been different or something. Doesn't work at current employer. Odd. Both companies were/are MS Exchange shops.

Also can't get tagging to work from MS Outlook add-in, as noted here. Just in case the two issues could be related.  

Archived