REQUEST: different view style/sorting for each stacks/notebooks

andrea_b

Idea

I'd like to have a different view style for stacks and notebooks, for example i'd like to see "card view" for recipes and "side list view" for news.

Same for sorting, i'd like to sort "by name" recipes and sort "by update" news.

Can you add view&sort options for each stacks&notebooks?

Thank you

8 replies to this idea

+1

Different views make more sense for different types of notebooks. Expanded card view is great for recipes, but terrible for journal entries. Card view is nice for web clipped research. List view is excellent for journal entries. I have all three of these in my EN and i switch views every time i go into a different notebook.

I think this makes sense because creating a Notebook indicates that the notes inside are of a different type from those in the rest of your EN. So viewing them differently makes a lot of sense. Otherwise a Notebook is little more than a "top level tag".

At the very least, it'd be nice to have a keyboard shortcut for switching or rotating through the views. Or am i missing that? I've searched online and found none (for mac). And there's no shortcuts listed when pulling down those commands from the menu bar.

• Level 5*
On 2014-12-28 at 11:04 AM, andrea_b said:

I'd like to have a different view style for stacks and notebooks, for example i'd like to see "card view" for recipes and "side list view" for news.

Same for sorting, i'd like to sort "by name" recipes and sort "by update" news.

Can you add view&sort options for each stacks&notebooks?

I note this has been implemented in Windows.
Its a matter of time before it makes it's way to the Mac platform

Meanwhile, as a Mac user I can implement features using the built in Applescript feature
I've implemented different sort views for saved searches, which includes notebooks; documented here

DTLow, I'll cross my fingers and hope for it in the next update.

As it happens, i was just sitting down to learn enough Applescript to make myself a "new journal entry" desktop shortcut. Maybe i could make a script to change the notebook view type with a hotkey. But i'm looking through the Evernote Applescript Dictionary and didn't notice anything that looks like i could use it for that. Any suggestions?

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, zamboni said:

As it happens, i was just sitting down to learn enough Applescript to make myself a "new journal entry" desktop shortcut. Maybe i could make a script to change the notebook view type with a hotkey. But i'm looking through the Evernote Applescript Dictionary and didn't notice anything that looks like i could use it for that. Any suggestions?

My AppleScript producing sort views for saved searches, which includes notebooks; documented here

My Applescript generating new notes based on templates is documented here 
This is how I do new journal entries.

Archived