changing default icons

Steve.

Idea

How do I add the speech to text icon to the note screen. I can create a widget to open a note in this mode but don't see how I can edit the default icons. I would have just read the (full)manual but I don't seem to be able to find one or an embedded help engine. Just lame verbose guides that aren't searchable have no toc or indexs or fast links. Didnt notice a search option for this forum actually. Is this a theme? Lol using androids version on s5. Thanks

5 replies to this idea

Cheers gaz, but that's not my reality. Opening evernote after saving and closing a speech to text note I am presented with a list of existing notes. Selecting the plus icon opens the default set of note types. My question was can l change the default set to include the speech type.the widget does work fine but seems the only way to access that option.

• Level 5*

My bad - you're right.  It used to be the case that the note type defaulted to 'last used',  but in recent updates when we shifted to the Big Green + Button all you now get is a list of note types - that doesn't include STT!  There's an 'audio' option that I guess might include speech,  but it's hardly obvious.  Hopefully someone from the Android team will pick this up and clarify in the next update or three...

Cheers Gaz, I played around a bit today with it and noticed that if you edit a note the last used note type does in fact appear at the top of the screen next to the gray + sign & drop down list box. Now this may be just the widget embedded in the top menu bar? But it does the job. Also as a workaround I can use my SwiftKey key board and select the STT option from there which opens up the Google speech engine. I'm as happy as a pig in mud.

Archived