Account Type Suggestion

Actually it's just a little suggestion or request, I'm currently a Premium user, only because a Free account could not allow me to share/edit mostly text notes among several friends.  1G space is already plenty for me, 4G from Premium is a lot more than I need.

Therefore, may I humbly suggest a possible new account type with all of the functions of a Free account plus note editing among friends?

If a Free account user could simply purchase for additional space, why not let sharing/edit be purchasable as well?

And with that wonderful confession… Evernote now knows more than ever that they did the right thing in limiting the number of people who could collaborate on notes/notebooks. Premium is great, isn't it?

Converting someone to Premium and keeping them that way is the best possible scenario for any company. Why change any of the winning ingredients? That also bodes well for the users of any platform if that service is sustainable.

If a free user purchases more space… That space will run out... And then sooner or later would have to buy more space (If they continue with the same uploading habits)... Or else upgrade to Premium. How would they use the same model for multiple-user editing, since I think you're suggesting a once-off purchase?

Actually it's just a little suggestion or request, I'm currently a Premium user, only because a Free account could not allow me to share/edit mostly text notes among several friends.  1G space is already plenty for me, 4G from Premium is a lot more than I need.

Therefore, may I humbly suggest a possible new account type with all of the functions of a Free account plus note editing among friends?

If a Free account user could simply purchase for additional space, why not let sharing/edit be purchasable as well?

Various tiers of premium has been discussed before. And along with various tiers is more overhead costs. But really, $45 USD per year is a minimal charge, even if one doesn't use all the features. If for no other reason than to pay/thank the devs for their work, if it's an app you rely upon.

• Level 5*

Free account users can already share notebooks with other users.

• Level 5*

Frank, you could be right -- my use case is one premium, and one free account for personal use and work -- but it's not clear. I couldn't find this information in either of the two official web pages linked from this topic: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/74832-subscription-comparison-chart-limits-article/, but charboyd does indicate that sharing is unlimited down below (https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/74832-subscription-comparison-chart-limits-article/?p=322341).

Thanks Jeff... it's still not very clear from those links. The Limits page mentions sharing but does not make mention of editing...

BUT... the proof is in the pudding. I just sent emails from a free account I just opened to 2 other email addresses giving the other 2 of me editing permission for a shared notebook. That's more than one... so it must be unlimited :P  All or nothing... errr... all or one. So if I can authorize 2 others to edit, it must be all (everyone). I guess.  

What I don't get is that @Macbonbon tells us "a Free account could not allow me to share/edit mostly text notes among several friends." I'd like to know if she tried and failed... or if she thinks it can't be done from something she read.

​Another conundrum from the Limits page in the EN KB. It says:

"Number of people who can add a published notebook: 5000 (Evernote Business)

That confuses me. I have no way to test that out right now :huh: . Does that mean that only 5000 people can join a published (public) notebook (for Evernote business)? If so, how about the limit for people joining/ adding a published/ public notebook for a non-Business account. By "add" do they mean "join"?

It also says:

Number of people you can share a public notebook with: Unlimited

Does that mean that unlimited people can view on the web (obviously) or unlimited people can hit the "Join" button and see it within their account?

Sorry, just thinking out aloud.

Wow, didn't expect to see so many discussions in just one day~

I have several notebooks, each given editing privileges to various number of friends, some friends of course would overlap.  But so far no more than 5 people would be sharing/editing any given notebook.

@Frank.dg yes, I thought it can't be done because I didn't find anywhere that says I can.  After seeing your comment, I've borrowed a Free account from a friend of mine, but as I pressed my right-key when pointing to a notebook, no sharing option could be seen, not to mention editing. Could you show me how to  "give one other person editing privileges within a shared notebook"?  Thanks.

Archived