Are there options for attachments using the gmail clipper?

I love the gmail clipper, but I notice that it always attaches any email attachments to the clipped note. Mostly, I like this. However, I sometimes want to either (a) import the message text without the attachments, and/or (B) separate the attachments into their own notes with the same note name as the attachments (so I would import several notes from a single gmail message - one with the text of the email and another for each attachment). 

In an ideal world, I would be able to do (B) with a link to the new (now independent) notes inside the clipped gmail message text. That way, I could access the file attachment from the email message note OR a standalone note (with its own tags) and not have to keep two copies of the attachment file - they would both link to the same file behind the scenes. 

Does anyone know if any of these options are possible? 

Thanks in advance.

Hi Samrose, looks like you're trying to squeeze blood out of a stone. Good old stones are great, especially if it's a pet rock. In that sense clipping from Gmail will only give you the options you see at face value before you hit save. A nice touch (The pet rock part), as you've probably seen, is that the note created in Evernote has a link back to your email in Gmail at the header of the note. Pretty nifty. 

Archived