Smart tags dont work - moleskine

so i have read all the posts and still the app doesnt recognise my smart tags

iphone 5S

in camera choosing document

flash on, flash off, flash auto

auto focus 

no recognition at all - also when i go into Tags surely they should already be there as default?

• Level 5*

Ah.

iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch

To customize Smart Stickers on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, do the following:

1. Tap your username from the Home Screen to bring up the Account Settings
  2. Scroll down to the Camera Settings section and select Moleskine Notebook
  3. Tap the Smart Sticker you want to modify. The tag and notebook currently associated with the Smart Sticker will be shown
  4. To change the notebook associated with the Smart Sticker, tap the Notebook option, then select a notebook from the list or create a new one by typing a name into the text field. All notes that have this Smart Sticker will now be saved to the selected notebook automatically when captured with the Document Camera
  5. To change the tag associated with the Smart Sticker, tap the Tags option, then select a tag from the list or create a new one with the text field. To remove a tag from the Smart Sticker and revert to the default tag, tap the checkmark next to your selected tag. All notes that have this Smart Sticker will now be saved with the selected tags automatically when captured with the Document Camera.

https://evernote.com/partner/moleskine/guide/

• 2 weeks later...

Ah.

iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch

To customize Smart Stickers on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, do the following:

1. Tap your username from the Home Screen to bring up the Account Settings
  2. Scroll down to the Camera Settings section and select Moleskine Notebook
  3. Tap the Smart Sticker you want to modify. The tag and notebook currently associated with the Smart Sticker will be shown
  4. To change the notebook associated with the Smart Sticker, tap the Notebook option, then select a notebook from the list or create a new one by typing a name into the text field. All notes that have this Smart Sticker will now be saved to the selected notebook automatically when captured with the Document Camera
  5. To change the tag associated with the Smart Sticker, tap the Tags option, then select a tag from the list or create a new one with the text field. To remove a tag from the Smart Sticker and revert to the default tag, tap the checkmark next to your selected tag. All notes that have this Smart Sticker will now be saved with the selected tags automatically when captured with the Document Camera.

https://evernote.com/partner/moleskine/guide/

nope - still doesnt work!

Weird.  Do you get any result when taking a picture?  A note?  A snapshot in your picture roll?  Only things I can suggest are:

1. uninstall the app / restart phone / reinstall app / try again...
  2. submit a bug report by choosing "bug..." in the first dropdown after this link > https://evernote.com/contact/support/

yes i get pictures in the roll - and it creates notes

i will do what you suggest

thanks for your help

• 1 year later...

I was struggling with the smart tags too, but then my colleague found a solution:

1) make sure your camera is in an automatic mode (make sure an incon in the top right corner looks like a picture frame);

2) press white button to take a picture. You should see scanned document (not the picture of a document) which is more contrast than normal picture and more cropped. On the top left corner the smart tags will appear (see picture below).

IMG_3841.PNG

• 10 months later...

Archived