Copy paste multiple tags from a delimited list.

jmerkow

Hello,

I am working on using evernote to track papers im reading or will read.

I also want to keep a citation db. Right now, I have my evernote stack full of papers (pdfs) synced to my dropbox. Then mendeley watches that folder so I can get the metadata.

I would like to start adding the author keywords as evernote tags.

I don't think there is any automated way to do this, but is there a way I can copy a list of tags and paste them as separate tags?

Example list: Colour; Image annotation; Image retrieval; Machine learning; Semantic gap; Shape; Texture

• 10 months later...

+1

I've got a small ton of tag sets that go together in different combinations

For example

$reading

.actionable

.leisure

.lists

>catch up on stories

(the subject is reading, the list is actionable, it's a leisure note, it's also a list, and it's a someday maybe that I'll want to check where things are.

So I've got a list for serial stories, 

I'd like to be able to use the same list of tags for webcomics, and e versions of comic books

Thing is, that I don't want to have to go to the list of tags and find them all, 

I don't want to have to get them from a drop down list

I don't want to have to remember all of the tags that go with this note

I just want to mindlessly copy and paste the tags from an existing note, to a new note.

From there I can add or subtract individual tags that reflect the current state of the new note.

I'm sure that I could have a template, but then I'd end up way more templates than I want to have, *and* I'd rather just have the functionality.

A simple (in my mind) solution is to be able to press a "show tags as text) (one field, some kind of separator) and be given a text string view of the tags,

be able to copy that,

and then be able to paste it to the next note.  

Then I can un-click the "show tags as text" button and pooof, it's done.

• 9 months later...
On 10/31/2015 at 8:44 AM, malcolm.b.anderson said:

+1

I've got a small ton of tag sets that go together in different combinations

For example

$reading

.actionable

.leisure

.lists

>catch up on stories

(the subject is reading, the list is actionable, it's a leisure note, it's also a list, and it's a someday maybe that I'll want to check where things are.

So I've got a list for serial stories, 

I'd like to be able to use the same list of tags for webcomics, and e versions of comic books

Thing is, that I don't want to have to go to the list of tags and find them all, 

I don't want to have to get them from a drop down list

I don't want to have to remember all of the tags that go with this note

I just want to mindlessly copy and paste the tags from an existing note, to a new note.

From there I can add or subtract individual tags that reflect the current state of the new note.

I'm sure that I could have a template, but then I'd end up way more templates than I want to have, *and* I'd rather just have the functionality.

A simple (in my mind) solution is to be able to press a "show tags as text) (one field, some kind of separator) and be given a text string view of the tags,

be able to copy that,

and then be able to paste it to the next note.  

Then I can un-click the "show tags as text" button and pooof, it's done.

It looks like the tags are being processed, but the options are not actually being created. I'm a bit out of my depth here and cannot fix it myself coz if I paste in multiple tags then it processes all the tags first, and then updates the select box with the new tags.

I just tested on Evernote for Mac, and when I edit a note and paste a line of text like this into the tag field:

test,test2,test3

These get parsed into three separate tags on the note.

Would this solve your problem?

This technique unfortunately doesn't work in Evernote for Web or Evernote for iOS, and I'm not sure about Windows and Android.

Archived