Making Evernote to become a book platform

Wouldn't be great have your books uploaded as linked and tagged notes that are accessible when you need them?

Well, to me, it would be great!. Without noticing, I have created my "homegrown solution", if I have a PDF of a book or a hard copy, I read it and at the same time I'm creating notes of the book, I tag them, and keep the notes at hand, sometimes I open evernote and quickly browse this notes, and I notice that the knowledge sticks in my mind more.I think that if I invest effort and time in reading a book, other than just enjoying the book, I also want that at least the knowledge is kept in my brain (or in evernote) to be used when I need it. I want to give the book I read more chances to become my reality. I think I'm not alone on this. So I wonder if you guys at Evernote have consider the option of engaging authors and publishers into not only digitalizing the books, but tagging them ans sell them for Evernote users. I imagine a future where I could buy a book as a series of evernote books, and I quickly browse into them, reading and tagging and making my own additional notes.

• Level 5*

Wow.  Apart from the massive restructure of Evernote's internal architecture that might be required (restructure = major expense) and the length of time required to make any of that cash back from actual sales,  becoming involved in this would alienate authors,  publishers, online booksellers, copyrights holders and probably involve a storm of litigation.  I'd be surprised if Evernote did move far down this road,  especially since a small outfit called Amazon has a pretty good headstart..

Still, the suggestion is made,  and staffers do read these pages...

• Level 5*

A book related feature that I've long thought would be great is a direct integration between Evernote and Kindle.

IMO, it would be awesome if the notes and highlights I made in Kindle (device and apps) could be directly stored in Evernote Notes.

Seems to me this would be a win-win for both Amazon and Evernote.

Archived