logging out automaticaly whenever closing the window

buddi9

Dose evernote free version have a option of loggin out automaticaly when you just close the window?
it is really painful to go all the way and logout each time manually every time you need to close. Few people uses the same software in my PC, most of the time I forget to logout, I just close the software. So when ever the next person open the evernote, it automatically login into my account. How can I resolve this problome? 

• Level 5*

Hi.  There are no other 'versions' of Evernote.  What you currently see is all there is.  If others use your computer they should have their own login and their own profiles within which to run their own software.  If they run your software in your profile this is an inherently insecure situation in which any software will disclose your activities - your email client will share your emails,  your browser will share your recent activity,  and Evernote will share your notes.  If you wish to avoid this,  then File > Exit (Ctrl-Q) will close down your current session with Evernote.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I appreciate your answer, I can not completely agree with you. I agree the preferred way is to create user accounts via windows for each users. But Evernaote has this option "Add another User". If this software designed to use with multiple users, it should have a flexibility to do so.  And also "Cntl +Q" is the shortcut for closing the window, not for logging out from the current user account.

• Level 5*

Agreed the 'Add another user' option allows two people to use separate accounts - or one person to operate multiple accounts - but if a user is still logged into your profile,  s/he can roam your personal storage space with ease,  and could inspect your Evernote database directly which is not (unless you take specific action to do so) encrypted or otherwise secured.  Any other spreadsheets or documents you may have saved are likewise available for inspection unless passworded or encrypted.

Ctrl-Q  - my bad;  that would close the software without logging out,  allowing someone else to reopen it to your profile.  Signing out automatically would require something like Auto Hot Key to send the correct menu commands.

Archived