(Archived) Please partner with Dragon

If the iPhone app, Dragon Dictation, had a "Send to Evernote" selection this world would be a much better place. The voice recognition and translation in the program is not bad and the idea of a quick text note without typing on the iPhone would be great.

Hughjc

You can use a service like Dial2Do to integrate with Evernote via your "incoming email address" (on the Settings page of your web account). I.e. that service can be used to email transcriptions into your account automatically.

Another one you may want to take a look at is reQall. I'm trialing it now as a possible replacement for Jott, since it interfaces with EN (Jott doesn't) and is cheaper than Jott. I pretty much only use Jott for voice memos (I have Jott on speed dial on the iPhone lock screen) when I'm out & about or driving (or making like a couch potato & too lazy to type) & think of something I need to remember. I also often use the reminders with Jott, if it's a time sensitive thing. If reQall can replace Jott for those items, I'm going with it.

Dial2do would work but (a) you have to pay for it and (:D you don't see the result until you get your email.

I didn't think reqall does voice transcription. I can do a voice memo within EN from my iphone.

As I think about it, I should be requesting the EN link on the Dragon User Forum not here.

Hughjc

Looked again at reqall and it would do a voice transcription and it is possible to send it to EN. This could work but requires a few more steps than Dragon Dictate would. I'll try it for now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Looked again at reqall and it would do a voice transcription and it is possible to send it to EN. This could work but requires a few more steps than Dragon Dictate would. I'll try it for now. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've been dinking with reQall & agree it seems to involve more steps. At this point, I'm probably going to stay with Jott. I don't use it for transcription but for voice memos with & without reminders. Jott also does transcription so you may want to take a look at that one, too. What it doesn't do is integrate with Evernote, but you could email your notes (once they are transcribed) from Jott to EN.

I looked at Dial2Do & it's the same price as Jott. But I get a few dollars off the Jott subscription, since I used it when it was still in beta. And since I know Jott works the way I want it to, I figure I'll stay with them.

I do wish Jott would allow you to export the audio files. But worst case scenario is I play the audio on my desktop & record it to Evernote using the voice memo function.

• 1 month later...

Far more interesting would be to license something like the Nuance recognition engine so that voice (audio) entries are automatically transcribed for the purpose of making them searchable. The feature that makes images in evernote so powerful is the recognition, but audio notes are left out of the fun.

Voice transcription is getting very good-- but still isn't perfect. However, It doesn't HAVE to be perfect to be useful for search. Being able to access the text is a "nice to have" but storing the transcription in searchable metadata would be huge without giving the user access to the underlying text. You could even store multiple possible hits for unclear words to increase the likelyhood of search hits.

Note nirvana.

Archived