Evernote freezes! What can I do?

I'm using Evernote with the newest Android Version on Samsung s4 and Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 edition 2014.

Since yesterday I have the following problem: after updating (editing in the sense of adding some text and adding tags) between 20 to 50 records the evernote app freezes. The thinn blue line is running continuously, synchronization seems to run for ever. I have the feeling that it seems to hang on "downloading headers". The list of notebooks and the list of tags on the left cannot be displayed any more. Notes cannot be read, but the list of all notes can be displayed. I have around 12.000 notes on my free evernote account. Additionally I should mention that I am situated in Germany.

I can't find any useful information in the forum or in the internet. Do you have any suggestions how to solve the problem or about the cause of the trouble? The Evernote server is running smoothly, but there have been a new release. Is something wrong with that release? Do you have similiar problems? On the internet I found reports about similiar problems under iOs and other platforms after a release.

I changed already the synchronization frequency, but it didn't solve the problem. Any other suggestions what I could check?

Thank you for your kind help in advance

Archived