Untitled, empty "business notes" - where are these coming from?

tavor

• Level 5*

I was reviewing my notes when I noticed that I have several untitled, empty notes that are not assigned to a notebook. Right clicking does not offer a delete option, unless multiple notes are selected together, and then when I attempt to delete, I am told these are business notes and that they cannot be deleted by my EN Windows client. I also cannot drag and drop them into  a notebook (including Trash).

1. How did these notes come into existence?

2. How do I get rid of them?

Screenshot2014-12-23201025.png

• Level 5*

Try to delete them on the app or on the web version.

I tried deleting in Windows client. No luck.

Can't find these notes in Web client or Android app. Seems they are only in the Windows client.

• Level 5*

...and do you have a business account?  If not,  they sound like corrupted notes that you need to get out of your Windows database.  How are these visible though if they're not assigned to a notebook?  Can you move them to the Trash Notebook?

• Level 5*

...and do you have a business account?  If not,  they sound like corrupted notes that you need to get out of your Windows database.  How are these visible though if they're not assigned to a notebook?  Can you move them to the Trash Notebook?

No, I don't have a business account. 

They aren't assigned to any notebook, and I cannot move them into any notebook, including Trash.

Stuff like this makes me wonder how safe my data is with EN. Even if I have backups, I may not notice until it's too late if one or two notes disappear once in a while. And if notes like the ones I described in the OP can show up in my database, how can I be sure some of my notes aren't getting wiped out?

• Level 5*

"They aren't assigned to any notebook"  - still confused - in my Windows desktop client I have a list view that shows All Notes.  I can't easily tell what notebook each note belongs to.  How are you seeing that some notes don't belong to any notebook??

• Level 5*

"They aren't assigned to any notebook"  - still confused - in my Windows desktop client I have a list view that shows All Notes.  I can't easily tell what notebook each note belongs to.  How are you seeing that some notes don't belong to any notebook??

Switch to List View (under View menu). If 'Notebook' isn't one of the columns, you can add that column to List View.

Screenshot2014-12-23201025.png

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5*

I have the same issue.

Were you able to get rid of them?

No. But fortunately they haven't grown in number. Same 8 untitled empty notes as when I first posted.

I have the same issue.

Were you able to get rid of them?

No. But fortunately they haven't grown in number. Same 8 untitled empty notes as when I first posted.

On my end I think it might have to do with either pictures or notes that are created then moved into a local folder (perhaps too quickly).

I think I first saw the bug when I pasted a picture in a new note then opened the picture with other software (to resize probably). I can't be sure because I haven't really tested, though.

Archived