Lined Paper Template for Handwriting

Hello,

I’ve been using Evernote for nearly a year now (Premium Account) and I’ve found it to be a crucial tool for business.  One thing that I’m still ecstatic about is the handwriting functionality.  I have virtually eliminated my paper notes and have streamlined my organizing process.

On that note, I do have one suggestion I would like to see implemented for the handwriting functionality, “Lined Paper Emulation”.  Although the existing layout has proven to be useful for drawings and/or quick notes (like scratch paper), it’s less aesthetically appealing when writing an outline or simple bullet points.

I know what you’re probably thinking; why not just type them out?  The problem with that is, if you’re on site with a client and you need to take notes of that meeting, are you going to ask your client to clear out a portion of their desk so you can type on your tablet (if you have an external keyboard that is)? Probably not.  The sound of an external keyboard can also be distracting to other participants in the meeting “click, click, space, click, click, click, backspace, enter…”, and depending on the size of your tablet it can be difficult to use the soft keyboard with one hand.  Besides, using the soft keyboard looks too much like texting, so even though I’m sure my client knows that I’m taking notes I find myself having to pepper in some sort of comment that ensures the client that I’m taking notes, not messaging friends or responding to e-mails, just so they know I’m taking them seriously.

Long story short (too late), having some sort of lined paper template that can be used instead of the art board-like canvas would be hugely beneficial to myself and I’m sure a whole slew of Evernote users.

Is this something that’s already available and I’m just missing something or can this be a feature to add in a future (hopefully not so distant future)?

• Level 5*

Good feature suggestion,  and I'm sure duly noted by the staffers reading these posts. Closest Evernote currently comes to lined paper templates (I think) is Moleskine notebooks - which are a different concept altogether.

Exactly what you're looking for is exactly what Penultimate for iPad offers. Done a lot of tinkering with it lately, and it is as you described. One can choose between all kinds of paper templates... and the Penultimate app then syncs with your Evernote account automatically. Anything you change in Penultimate will be reflected in the notes in Evernote (In the "Drawings" notebook). Since you have Premium, you will be able to add some other bundles of paper templates...

Penultimate%201.PNG?dl=1

Penultimate%202.PNG?dl=1

IMG_0239.PNG?dl=1

I wonder, could you maybe use the desktop version (Windows or Mac) to create a table with only one column and adjust the width so it it fits your mobile device's screen, then save it as a template you can can copy and open when in the field? It's a workaround, but maybe it might help until (and *if*) EN ever offers lined "pages" as an option.

I wonder, could you maybe use the desktop version (Windows or Mac) to create a table with only one column and adjust the width so it it fits your mobile device's screen, then save it as a template you can can copy and open when in the field? It's a workaround, but maybe it might help until (and *if*) EN ever offers lined "pages" as an option.

If one has an iPad, Penultimate does *exactly* what @jon.r.rose is looking for. Hopefully they will expand to Android tablets at some point - for those who are on Android.

Plus Penultimate came out yesterday/ today with Landscape support... and just as they say "more responsive strokes and smoother ink". The difference is quite phenomenal. 

I think Penultimate is shaping up quite nicely, despite the initial teething problems. They've added much-needed functionality all 'round. 

Archived