Major problems converting from personal to business account.

We just recently changed from premium to business. I thought this was going to be an improvement. We were having problems with premium as to shared notebooks tags those type of things. We began to have problems when trying to convert personal notebooks to business. After uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote some of the problems went away. We had to do this many times. We finally got three notebooks converted, but when we went to do the fourth we began to have major problem. We lost 1300 notes.

Fortunately though, I had backed up the Evernote data directory, at least that's what I thought it was fortunate. When I copied it into the Evernote directory and open up Evernote things really went crazy. I now had 700 extra notes, and 1300 of them were in the trash. Now using the same account on two computers one computer has 1700 notes the other has 2200 notes.

Email support has been very slow and has not helped.

Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening?

• Level 5*

Sorry for the delay in responding here,  but as a Business subscriber you should be able to raise support tickets and use Chat if necessary to talk through issues.  The bad news - it's a major holiday season,  and Support are available on normal working days,  PST.  

If you haven't already done so,  I suggest you start a support request here - https://evernote.com/contact/support/

Meantime it's virtually impossible to say exactly why the conversion was such an issue and why your machines have different numbers of notes.  Something clearly went very wrong and you really need one to one support to unscramble it..

Sorry for the delay in responding here,  but as a Business subscriber you should be able to raise support tickets and use Chat if necessary to talk through issues.  The bad news - it's a major holiday season,  and Support are available on normal working days,  PST.  

If you haven't already done so,  I suggest you start a support request here - https://evernote.com/contact/support/

Meantime it's virtually impossible to say exactly why the conversion was such an issue and why your machines have different numbers of notes.  Something clearly went very wrong and you really need one to one support to unscramble it..

Thanks for the reply.  I did a support.  It took exactly the same time from the 17th to the 23rd to get a reply from them.  Wow what really great support.  We finally decided since we could get no help from support, to just manually go through all the notes to solve the issue of the double notes.

• Level 5*

I hope things are finally resolved anyways - if you see a hint of any other problems,  I'd hit up support again and try the chat,  as well as posting here;  I think things are a little stressed right now with some release issues and a heavy holiday period. Hopefully it can and will only get better...

• 3 years later...

I think that there must be clear instructions for upgrading from Premium to Business and vice-versa. 

I can´t believe the company didn´t aid in this matters. 

How to get it and how to get out it´s one of the most important concepts in business and, it seems that EVERNOTE is treating this fact as a just a simple question of money without thinking about customers work and information. 

I love EVERNOTE but I have to say this in order to get it better than now. 

Archived