Download notes to evernote iPhone

DerekHandforth

Idea

Recently I was travelling and had put all the travel arrangements onto Evernote.

When I went to present my train ticket barcode to the ticket collector it had to try and download it, there was no WiFi so it could not.

I had opened it on my iPhone before I left.

How do I get files to be on my iPhone without having to use WiFi?

Derek

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

It would be nice to also have "offline tag contexts". More flexible that way... and not limited to notebooks. 

Stumped me Frank, not a high bar for sure.   :)    What does offline tag context mean in your parlance?

Hey Cal,

By "offline tag contexts"... I was meaning the option to download everything tagged with specific tags. That way, if someone were more tag-centric, they would not need to download notebooks. Also, even if someone were notebook-centric, they might not want to download the whole "inbox" or the entire contents of any other notebook. So it would be great to be able to download notes according to notebook and also according to specific tags, if desired. Evernote used to have this "favorite" feature, where one could select individual notes you wanted to have offline. Wouldn't that be the same as tagging certain notes to mark them for offline use? 

• Level 5*

Got it, thanks.  Lazy me would probably go for a single off line notebook and stuff the "tagged" notes in it.  But I can see the value of a sweep across notebooks by tag.  More of that lateral thinking stuff. Very nice.

Forgive if I'm not understanding your question DerekHandforth, however, you stated that you had your iPhone with your train ticket on it and it prompted you to download it from Evernote. You said that there was no wifi, however, I must ask - Do you not have a data plan on your iPhone? If you do, then you should have been able to open/access your train ticket barcode without using wifi.

Yes I have a data plan and Evernote Premium.

My question is is there any way to have files like these permanently downloaded to the phone so you don't have to relay on data or WiFi

I was taking the train from Frankfurt airport after just landing.  Now I come to think of it, the o2 roaming plan on my 5S may have automatically turned off data as I was in another EU country.

Derek

• Level 5*

If you are premium then take a look (on your phone) at Settings, Premium, Offline Notebooks.

You can choose notebooks that you want available offline but remember to sync your phone before you lose connectivity to make sure you have grabbed everything.

Archived