Searching for Dates instead of by Dates

I use Evernote on a daily basis from my Mac and iOS devices. One of the greatest things about Evernote is how awesome its search (and new Context) features are. Search results are returned incredibly quickly and are so relevant.

There are number of ways to search for notes by creation or date updated but wish it would allow you to search for dates instead of by date. It’s easy to search for notes that are created or updated on a date or within a range of dates but it would be great to be able to say, “show me all the notes that are about dates in the next two weeks" and see a list of relevant notes.

For example here’s a PDF I've got stashed in Evernote about some upcoming ski deals this winter:

829b9a4a25a8356f48c676525c65dc4b.jpg

I can search for “December" and see this as a result because of Evernote’s document search, but it doesn’t know that the note contains information about events between December and March. Just as it can identify contact information with its business card scanning, here’s hoping that the Evernote team can apply some AI to be able to identify these dates as more than just text and offer another awesome way to search our notes.

Originally posted at: http://cl.ly/3g2w231k2M2G

• Level 5*

I don't know how Evernote could consistently find Notes that contain dates (as text) or that are about events.

There's just too many different date formats.  Although, the Apple iOS does try to do this by making a calendar link out of "dates" in the text of all apps.

IAC, until/IF Evernote provides this feature, I think your best bet is to use tags, and/or reminders.

Of course, this is NOT automatic, but it's not that hard either.

I use a tag of "Event" for all notes that are, well, about an event.  :-)

True, there are many date formats, but there are also natural language processors for many of the common ones. Evernote is also doing advanced processing on note content to determine for example, if a note contains a recipe or not for use with the Evernote Food app, so could doing something similar here with date information.

Archived