Can't Type in a New Note

AllieCat83

Idea

Hi everyone, 

Does anyone have trouble typing new notes since the new Evernote update was released? When I try to start a new note, a thumbnail of that note will appear on the left side of the screen, but nothing else will happen. I can't type anywhere in the application- not in the title nor in the body of the text. This is very, very, very frustrating as this is the one function it should be able to complete. Has anyone else had this problem? Evernote team, if you're reading this please, please, please fix this issue. I use this app as my journal and it's very annoying to be without a working app. Thanks.

6 replies to this idea

Hello,

same is true for me, but only happens on my Dektop client for mac (Version 6.0.3 451151 App Store): 

all my new notes are empty on the Desktop. Working with them on iPad or iPhone is fine. 

Update: no = they are not empty, but it takes reeeeeaaaalllllly long until they are displayed = 1 min exactly. Before that notes appear just white = blank.

When i go to a different note and then back to the provious one i have to wait again 1 min. until they are displayed.

This is not helpful and renders the app unusable.

Same for me.

Evernote 6.0.3 (451151 appstore).

Mac OSX 10.8.5

And also, old notes appear as empty. Empty for a moment, then text appears, then disappears when I change note back and forth. But even when invisible, the text is there as if I cmd-A, cmd-C, and go to a text editor and paste, I get the text.

Big text editor problem.

Please fix ASAP !

I'm using the app on my Mac desktop. I have no issues with the version on my iPad. So it sounds like I'm not alone with this issue... anyone know how we can get Evernote to resolve this? I mean, being able to type a note is an integral aspect of the application.

Archived