How do I view my upload history?

Rachel ACC

Idea

I use EN on my Mac, PC, and Android phone. In 3 days, I've used 75% of my upload limit (of 60MB). Clearly I'm uploading huge files, but this isn't on purpose--no video files, or lots of pictures, for instance. How can I see my usage history so that I can stop uploading so much in such a short amount of time?

Thanks in advance!

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi Rachel.  The way to see your recent note history is to display notes in List view and sort by created date,  and/ or updated date;  or to search for "any: updated:<date> created:<date>" where the date is the start of your upload quota period.  This will list all notes edited on or after that date.  If any of them are particularly large,  that's where your uploads have gone.  Unfortunately here's no way to show exactly what was uploaded and when.  Do check online with Evernote Web Settings though to confirm the exact amount you have left.  On Mac and PC you could consider using a Local Notebook to hold your notes until the limit resets - that will both show you how large each edit is,  and allow you to upload only selected notes until you have more headroom to add them all.

EDIT:  - and empty the Trash notebook on Mac and PC which also counts towards your upload limit in case the notes need to be undeleted...

Thanks for your prompt response!

So I followed your instructions and totaled my usage for the past 4 days. I came up with 5.8 MB.

I did have a huge number of files in the trash can, but hadn't restored any of them. Did they count against my usage when I moved them into the trash the first time? If they sit in the trash unrestored, do they still count against the upload somehow? If so, the trash is empty now, so I should be okay once my month resets, correct?

Thanks again!

Rachel

Archived