Was the functionality to add a notebook to a stack removed from Evernote for mac 6.0?

The new design is terrible, thats a given. But for the life of me I can't figure out how to add a notebook to a stack now. I've dragged a notebook to the stack, tried to drop it in, and nothing. I've gone into the notebook settings, there was nothing. I've gone through the app menu items and can't seem to find anything. Pair this with the fact that you can't add notebooks to stacks in the web beta, and it feels like evernote is removing wholesale features.

Maybe its something I'm not seeing, but is there a way to add a notebook to a stack in the new and terribly designed evernote for mac 6.0?

I'm not sure where you are referring to when you say "right click on the notebook". I clicked on the notebook, then right clicked on the notebook name in the notebook list in the sidebar, and I see this http://bit.ly/1vWB65C, with no options to add to stack. When I right click on the notebook title in the note list after clicking on the notebook, I don't get any options. The arrow drop down next to the notebook name is a find for other notebooks.

The screenshot you are posting is from the sidebar. You cannot modify the organization of notebooks from the sidebar.

Try clicking on "Notebooks" (which should be above the list of notebooks in the sidebar) to show a list of your notebooks in the main window, then right-click on any given notebook, or you can also drag and drop notebooks into/out of stacks. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I agree... this is very very bad user interface design... I couldn't find this feature on my own and had to search a lot to finally find an answer. It is very non-obvious. Can't believe the web interface supports drag and drop and better user interface than the stand-alone. I agree with EricKristoff and the original poster, right click and drag and drop are a must.

On 5/11/2016 at 6:42 PM, apbarraza said:

I agree... this is very very bad user interface design... I couldn't find this feature on my own and had to search a lot to finally find an answer. It is very non-obvious. Can't believe the web interface supports drag and drop and better user interface than the stand-alone. I agree with EricKristoff and the original poster, right click and drag and drop are a must.

Hi @apbarraza, welcome to the Forums!

You can create a new notebook stack by dragging a notebook into another notebook in your main notebooks view window. This will not work from the Sidebar. You can also add a notebook to an existing Stack this way.

I hope that helps.

Archived