EN 6.0.3 - PDF attachments no longer visible on Mac OS X platform

Charlie Strniste

Idea

I just opened a notebook which as established to contain attached PDF (copies of bills) files which are filed by another tool.  On my Mac desktop, the files are no longer attached - just a file name is shown - and not a link, just text.  The missing docs were previously visible from the Mac desktop.

Using the web interface, the files are visible as they are when I use EN IOS.

One wrinkle in my case is that I tried Premium support in mid-October for a month and subsequently decided I didn't need it, so I "fell back".

Since the files are still available, how can I get them back so that I can view with my desktop client?

Thanks in advance!

Charlie Strniste

7 replies to this idea

@JMichael - did the suggested steps with no change.

1. Mac OS X ver = 10.7.5 (Lion)
  2. EN Mac Ver = 6.0.3 
  3. EN Mac AppStore or Direct Download = 451151 Direct

I appreciate the help!

Just as an aside, a new note with an attached PDF file was inserted today and looks fine.  My problem seems to be with slightly  older data.  

Looking at other notebooks, the problem may only be in the notebook - any tips on refreshing this one only would be appreciated.

Thanks again!

• Level 5*

@Charlie:  The only other suggestions I have are:

1. Shot in the dark:
    1. Create a new sync'd Notebook
    2. Move one of the Notes with the PDF issue to this new NB
    3. Did that fix the issue?
  2. Submit a bug report

See: Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug, crash, or data lost", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.

@JMichael - tried a couple of variations of your idea, but did not work.   The note with a problem on my Mac moves to a new notebook, but without the attachment when I move it using the web client.

Also, sadly, I guess I can't report this as a bug - since I am a free user, I am apparently unable to enter a defect report.  Appreciate your help though!

To Evernote Support (if you are watching this forum):  I would appreciate a tool to scan my notebooks to make me feel like my data is secure.  Not sure if this is a defect or if I somehow shot myself in the foot.  Thanks!

• Level 5*

If you choose the 'bug' option from the first drop-down you should certainly be able to report the issue,  free user or not.  Support won't,  I'm afraid,  take any action on your account based on your post here - you should make sure that you keep a regular backup of your database in case something goes wrong.

Archived