Yesterday's Update on MacBook removed important TODO note. How to RECOVER?

WhitefishSC

Idea

I'm a long time user of Evernote from back when it was a little local program in my Windows tool bar.  I currently run it on Windows Workstation, MacBook, iPhone and iPad.  I always keep the products up to date.  Yesterday my MacBook prompted to process an update for Evernote, which I did.  Went home, slept, never touched Evernote until this morning.  I went to open up a critical ToDo note and it is missing on my MacBook.  I open Evernote on my iPad and *I see the ToDo note*. Within a couple of seconds, the Evernote on my iPad syncs and the note is gone on my iPad.  It is not in trash boxes.  It was not retitled.  I have run searches on some of the words within the note -- nothing.   

The old version of Evernote was in my Trash on the MacBook.  I have it saved on my desktop.  Can anyone point me to a method to try to recover the note from the older version?  I tried to open it as an app, but I am prompted that it is too old.  Before I muck anything up, I am searching for and asking here for any help possible.    I have severe fibromyalgia and rely on my Evernote notes as my memory and to keep me focused.    And of course, I have thousands of notes that would never be missed.  This one note with work items for this week is gone.  hmmmm.  maybe more are missing?  

Details:

MacBook

OS X version 10.9.5

went from

Evernote version 5.7.2

158.7 MB

to

Evernote version 6.0.3

161.9 MB

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

Goto Evernote.com and sign in to the Evernote Web client (don't use the Beta ver).

If you find your Note there, copy it to a new Note, send it to yourself by email, and/or copy/paste into another app, like MS Word.

If you have any devices (like Win WS, other iPad/iPhone) that you have NOT opened Evernote on since your Note disappeared, you could try this:

1. Disconnect the device from the Internet
    1. This is VERY important
    2. Turn off wi-fi and disconnect any network cables
  2. On a Win or Mac machine, backup the Evernote folder.
  3. Open Evernote on this device
  4. If you find your Note,
    1. export it to ENEX (and HTML if you like).
    2. Copy the Note to a new Note.

You can also Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug, crash, or data lost", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.

Archived