How do you move notebooks within a stack?

I am trying to create a calendar in Evernote

I have created 12 Months as notebooks and made them into a stack

However, for some reason, they have ended up out of order e.g. April before February etc

I have tried to drag and drop them in order but this doesn't work??

What do I need to do to solve this problem please?

thank you

I am trying to create a calendar in Evernote

I have created 12 Months as notebooks and made them into a stack

However, for some reason, they have ended up out of order e.g. April before February etc

I have tried to drag and drop them in order but this doesn't work??

What do I need to do to solve this problem please?

thank you

What client? Notebooks are sorted alphabetically within the stack. However, IIRC, it used to be in the Windows client, that when you initially created the notebooks, you may need to exit EN & then reinvoke it, for them to be arranged alphabetically.

What option have you selected for Sorting? Possibly need to select Date Created if in that month, or Alpha based on Note Title?

The selected sort method for the notes has no impact on how *notebooks* are sorted, within a stack.

I use Safari with evernote

Is there no way you can just click on say January and move it to the top of the stack?

Alphabetic won't be any use to me as I need to do the months of the year in order Jan, Feb etc

Is there no way you can just click on say January and move it to the top of the stack?

Alphabetic won't be any use to me as I need to do the months of the year in order Jan, Feb etc

I was just playing about with this and the Notebooks are sorted by Name, but this could do with some change in my opinion to allow more options to sort.  There maybe reasons as to why EN will not do this and several forum reports suggest why stacks are the devils work etc etc...

Interesting discussion, would be keen to hear more replies on this.

@BurgerNFries My Bad!

No problem. ;-)

As I said, they are sorted alphabetically. What you could do is preface the name with the two digit month number. IE 01 - January.

Archived