Monthly upload allowance Anomaly

lstocky

Idea

On my mac version of evernote (6.0.3), I'm getting a dialogue which prevents editing notes as below. This is despite me being able to carry out edits via the web client and my current monthly usage sitting at 12.6 of 60 MB.

Is this a bug? If anyone has some workaround suggestions I would be grateful.

Many thanks

ls

Message reads:

Performing operation would exceed your monthly upload allowance.

The operation you are trying to perform cannot be completed because it would exceed your upload allowance for this month. Upgrade to Evernote Premium...

BUTTONS - Cancel - Upgrade to Evernote Premium

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi - check your allowance via the Settings page of Evernote Web just to make sure.  Also have a look for a 'conflicting changes' notebook and empty the trash notebook.  Unless your note contains a very large image I can't see why you'd be getting that message...

• Level 5*

By all means delete the notebooks if you've cleared out any duplicated notes.  Try restarting your system - if that doesn't fix the problem you may have discovered a(nother) bug.  Head for the Support link below and choose "Report a bug.." from the drop down - not sure how soon Evernote will respond;  could be a few days - but they at least could reset your upload limit to see whether this is just a headroom issue..

I am having this problem too. But as the original poster explained, it is only on the Mac desktop version (v6.0.3). I have Evernote installed on a PC as well and do not have any upload errors. I should have 22.7MB remaining for this month, and I can't even add text to an existing note when using the Mac version.

Has anyone received a response from Support. I followed the link but as I'm on the free service it referred me back to the Community!

Support responded to me - I provided my activity log after which they suggested I download the beta version and give that a go. I don't personally have the time.

Recently, Evernote released a beta version for Mac that includes a number of fixes. I'd like to have you try reinstalling the latest beta to troubleshoot this.

To uninstall and reinstall the Beta version of Evernote for Mac, follow these steps:

1. If Evernote is running, press Command + Q to quit the Evernote application
  2. Open the Applications folder and drag Evernote to the Trash
  3. Right-click (or Ctrl + Click) on the Trash and select Empty Trash
  4. Reboot your computer
  5. Download and install Evernote for Mac from http://bit.ly/1sg0LRn
  6. Drag the Evernote icon into your Applications folder
  7. Open Evernote and login to your Evernote account
  8. Go to Evernote > Preferences > Software Update and select Update to beta versions when available

Just to confirm I've had this error as well. Working on the 6.09 beta version on the mac. The Mac version showing 47.3/60MB upload used. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I'm able to add notes on the web version - and that on another mac. 

Archived