Sudden strange problem with Evernote

gworth

Hello

I've been using Evernote under Win 7 Pro for several months. Today when I attempted to start Evernote after a computer shutdown/reboot/Windows update, I received a message (which I unfortunately did not copy) to the effect that I had another synced account and I needed to select the last database I used. Only one option appeared, which I clicked on. When Evernote started I noticed a number of errors. I have 2 notebooks, and some notes from 1 were appearing in the other. Several notes added previously did not appear to be there any longer, and at least 2 items that should have been added from a linked folder were not in the Evernote (but are present in the folder). Running a sync did not discover these items. I closed everything, and restarted the computer. Nothing changed. The same errors were apparent, and syncing did not find the items in the linked folder (in fact, there no longer appears to be a linked folder in Evernote). I would be very grateful if anyone can suggest what I should do next.

Adding to the initial problem description:

The import folder exists and is specified correctly with the appropriate notebook in Evernote.

The 2 most recent scanned document files are in the import folder, but are not in either Evernote notebook and cannot be found by searching within Evernote.

Manual synching does not add these files to Evernote.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Something bad appears to have happened here - check online to see what your notes look like in Evernote Web via Evernote.com (login via the menu).  If they're correct online,  your local database may be been damaged somehow.  It's possible to rebuild that from the server,  but you may need to export local and unsynced notes from your current database to ENEX files before you do so.  Rebuilding the database is simply a matter of logging out of Evernote completely and renaming the database folder,  then restarting Evernote.

Thanks for that advice. The online database looks the same as my local one - no sign of the recent additions, although if the local DB is not importing properly that probably isn't surprising. But the notes that I thought were in the wrong notebook are the same online, so perhaps they were simply errors in assigning to the notebooks and the only error is the cuurent inability for my local version to import files from the import folder. Any thoughts on why that might be the case or how to fix it? I considered tempoarily removing the 2 new files and then putting them back into the import folder, but if repeated manual synching isn't finding them that probably isn't going to work.

• Level 5*

Fixing the import folder is something I've had to do a couple of times - not sure whether as a result of updates or occasional ham-fistedness on my part.  Easy way is just to Remove the entry in Tools > Import Folders and then recreate it.  You might have to move the files to your desktop and back to trigger the import

Many thanks! That did the trick. Re-created the import folder link. Files still did not appear until I transfered them to the desktop and back, but they are there now and have synched to the online database, so fingers crossed that the problem is solved.

Archived