Change Penultimate description! You are lying everybody!

Tracks

At iTunes, you start Penultimate description with: 

The best digital handwriting on iPad

This is clearly a lie, and you know it! your current average rating since upgrade to 6.0 is 1.5 stars. There are more than a dozen of handwriting tools with at least 3 stars.

So go to iTunes and change it!!!

At https://evernote.com/penultimate/   you write:

Penultimate is the award-winning digital handwriting app for iPad

Again, this is a BIG LIE since with the current version you couldn't win a kindergarten award!

Please either through to the garbage Penultimate 6 or CHANGE the descriptions.

You are lying to people and this is not fare and should be prosecuted.

This is clearly a lie, and you know it! your current average rating since upgrade to 6.0 is 1.5 stars. There are more than a dozen of handwriting tools with at least 3 stars.

Again, this is a BIG LIE since with the current version you couldn't win a kindergarten award!

Oh NO!!! Then I guess it's really not true that the survival of the angry birds is at stake...??? ARGHHHHH!!!! I've been hoodwinked!

Oh NO!!! Then I guess it's really not true that the survival of the angry birds is at stake...??? ARGHHHHH!!!! I've been hoodwinked!

So, let me see if I have the Evernote business plan figured out:

1.  Take a product people generally love and re-design it into something that people generally hate (and lose some of the users data in the process)

2.  Stick your head in the sand and ignore your users as they clamor for help and for EN to give some sort of clue as to their next steps are going to be.

3.  Suddenly, reappear on the message board to provide snarky replies to users that have become so completely fed up with the service that they feel they have to vent.

4.  ???

5.  Profit

Good luck with that.  EN is becoming a case study in how not to run a company!

At https://evernote.com/penultimate/ you write:

So, let me see if I have the Evernote business plan figured out:

1. Take a product people generally love and re-design it into something that people generally hate (and lose some of the users data in the process)

2. Stick your head in the sand and ignore your users as they clamor for help and for EN to give some sort of clue as to their next steps are going to be.

3. Suddenly, reappear on the message board to provide snarky replies to users that have become so completely fed up with the service that they feel they have to vent.

4. ???

5. Profit

Good luck with that. EN is becoming a case study in how not to run a company!

FYI, this is a *user*s board. I do not work for Evernote.

The original post is silly. Nothing he/she has posted and claims are LIES by Evernote is prosecution worthy. It's puffery & perfectly legal. Actually, the award winning part is accurate.

Fed up users would be better served to post rational posts.

Furthermore, I did not "suddenly reappear" (or even suddenly appear) on the message board.

Thanks for the good luck wishes, though.

BurgersNFries, the wording may be harsh and yes possible slander, the claim that the app is award winning is not correct - not for the current V6.01. The awards are for the OLD VERSION 5.3.1.

So...???

(Yawn)

Good luck with that lawsuit.

So much for adhering to your own advice about "rational posts" Miss Moderator.

I would agree with the all the reviewers, and can't really believe you view this as "puffery." Look it up. This is a rational claim. Puffery and rational claims are miles apart. And it is purposely misleading. Or in corporatese, were they to be interviewed, they "misspoke."  

For a company whose life blood is to constantly changing things, from user interfaces to minor enhancements and bug fixes, it would not be hard for them to update their misleading ( since the word "lie" does not exist in the corporate world ) claim.  EN gets no style points from me, nor does their behavior endear me to them. A brand cannot separate their behavior from their brand. More tarnish on a once nice product I made a part of my life.

I once drank the Evernote Kool Aid, but nevermore. I wince every time I'm notified of an update.

Archived