2 notes with the same name but different dates

• Level 5*

Can occur when a note is modified on one platform and then modified on another platform before the sync to the EN servers is executed, typically referred to as a conflict.  Could this have happened?  Only fix I have used has been visual compare of the two notes.

Can occur when a note is modified on one platform and then modified on another platform before the sync to the EN servers is executed, typically referred to as a conflict.  Could this have happened?  Only fix I have used has been visual compare of the two notes.

Thanks so much csihilling for clear explanation of what happened AND what I'm going to have to do. Any suggestions on how to avoid this happening. What I thought was neat when I signed up with the product was that this wouldn't happen compared with Apple's Notes so I'm a little disappointed.

• Level 5*

Unfortunately Evernote Sync doesn't work as well as it should.  In addition to technical issues, the design allows us users to all-too-easily cause problems due to improper syncing.  

So, I apply these Sync Best Practices:

It is best to manually sync, and sync often, especially after:

1. Entry/Edit of an important note
  2. End of Session BEFORE you close or put your machine to sleep
  3. End of Day
  4. Start using a different device

Any suggestions on how to avoid this happening. What I thought was neat when I signed up with the product was that this wouldn't happen compared with Apple's Notes so I'm a little disappointed.

• Level 5*

Thanks so much csihilling for clear explanation of what happened AND what I'm going to have to do. Any suggestions on how to avoid this happening. What I thought was neat when I signed up with the product was that this wouldn't happen compared with Apple's Notes so I'm a little disappointed.

I just make sure I sync before I leave a platform and set the auto sync to 15 minutes on the desktop version.  The IOS version syncs after you update a note, but you can keep an eye on it if you like to be sure it is synced before you exit (little green triangle in the upper right corner of a note if it hasn't synced.  Be sure the sync is complete on the IOS device before you start modifying a note..  Don't know about the Android version.

Archived