evernote has gone so much slow after V 6.0

trigger

Idea

I've been a long-time paid user and first of all I just want to make sure that I'm indeed a  big fan of Evernote. At least have been a big fan until....!!! 

the version 6.0 and above update which damaged my impression of evernote seriously  :( With 6.0 the UI perfectly matches the translucent experience

of Mac Yosemite which I'm fine with but overall performance has gone so much slow compared to pervious versions. 

The biggest itch happens while I'm editing the note. Everytime I try to move my cursors back and forth or up and down Evernote will slow down dramatically

as if I'm loading a web page and waiting for the page to show up. I'm talking about my local Evernote (Mac Evernote and not the web version). I'm aware 

there have been some issues after 6.0 release and Evernote quickly replied with 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and 6.0.3 (latest) but the "slowness in edit" haven't got any better. 

I noticed that after version 6.0, Evernote will not prompt downloading the metadata (local copy of the notes) of my notes which I guess is the main reason for

the slowness. In previous versions, whenever you re-install Evernote it always used to prompt a window to download the metadata first and then allowed me to

sign-in as a client but after 6.0 this procedure disappeared. I really miss the good old days where I had my local meta-data in either of the directories below. 

/Users/<userID>/Library/Application Support/Evernote
~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote

I'm not sure if I'm the only person experiencing this issue (backup with me if there's anyone with same itch), but I'm sure there needs to be a fix for this ASAP..

1 reply to this idea

Archived