Evernote won't let me pay to upgrade!

I am trying to upgrade to Evernote Premium, but the system won't let me. It keeps saying that I haven't filled in the CC information, even though I have. I can't contact Evernote about it, because you can't communicate with Evernote unless you are already a premium member - there is not even a phone number for sales listed on the web site! I would like to send Evernote my money, but they are making it impossible to do so!

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi.  This is a user forum,  and it's a public one,  so I'd suggest you remove your email address to avoid a spamfest.  We don't do payment issues,  but Evernote should allow you to post a support request for payment issues,  so I'd suggest you try again.  Post the ticket number back here and we can flag it for an Admin to have a look at.  If the ticket really doesn't work for you,  there's the option of Facebook or Twitter - https://www.facebook.com/evernote?fref=ts or @EvernoteHelps - but I suspect they'll both ask you to raise a ticket to get this moving.

I have gone to the support page and filled in the box where it says "Briefly describe the subject". I do so. Then I click "continue". Then the page just says "Ask the community". It does not provide me with a support ticket number, an email address, or any other indication that I have contacted or can contact anyone at Evernote. It just refers me back to this community site. This is really frustrating. There is no way to post a support request for payment issues. Try it yourself and you'll see what I mean. If you can tell me how to get a ticket I'll be glad to do it, but the system won't even let me do that. Can you post an email address here of someone I can contact? Don't you want my money? Sheesh.

• Level 5*

I've seen similar issues posted by other users concerning billing, upgrade, and payments.  It would appear there is a BUG in the Evernote web site.  

I am trying to upgrade to Evernote Premium, but the system won't let me. It keeps saying that I haven't filled in the CC information, even though I have. I can't contact Evernote about it, because you can't communicate with Evernote unless you are already a premium member - there is not even a phone number for sales listed on the web site! I would like to send Evernote my money, but they are making it impossible to do so!

Thanks.

• Level 5*

@Don:  You might want to PM Nancy Fu Magee, Evernote Director of Commerce

Thanks.

Thanks @JMichael, but I would (same as other channnels) also ask you to file a support ticket using the "Payment or billing" category very helpfully screenshotted by @gazumped.

If we have a general payments problem with our credit card form, we have automated monitoring in place so we can usually resolve the problem before it affects lots of customers. We currently do not have a general issue - I'm seeing payments coming through. Caveat: We don't currently have a general issue with credit card processing, but we actually DO have a general issue with iTunes in-app purchase right now. It is a known problem but hard to reproduce on our side and therefore hard to tell if our changes are fixing anything. The rest of my post will be just about credit card payments - not other payment methods.

That leaves 2 possible remaining issues:

- It's possible the problem is on our side, but affecting a relatively small number of customers. This most often happens when the fraud filters we've configured are catching too many good customers instead of just weeding out the bad. We will not discuss our fraud filters with you, especially not on a public forum where fraudsters can potentially listen in on the conversation and get knowledge about how to circumvent the filters. We can never eliminate all false positives, but we can tweak the filters to help you and other good customers get through if we get more information from you. So you'll need to file a ticket.

- It's also possible the problem is on your side. We do get a lot of rejected cards due to the customer being over their credit limit, or the bank rejects the card because something about your recent purchase history seems risky and they haven't been able to contact you yet to confirm your transactions. Or it's possible that you're not entering your card number or other information incorrectly. I know, I know, of course YOU are not entering your info incorrectly. How dare I suggest that? We do get some tickets where the customer is irate and INSISTS that there is a problem with Evernote, but then later, nope, they figure out that they were dropping a digit on the card number or were entering the wrong year on their expiration date. It happens. But again, in this case we will not discuss this with you on a public forum because why should we tell the internet that your card is over the credit limit? You'll need to file a ticket.

Summary: Thanks for raising the issue. We really do want to help you. Please file a ticket using the "Payment or Billing Issues" category. The internet is not an appropriate place to discuss payment failure issues. 

Archived