6.0.3, All notes are empty! Or change to empty after re-open.

Chrispx

Idea

25 replies to this idea

Same thing here. Can't see my notes in mac. To see a note i must open the note and wait like 3 minutes for its content to show up. All other notes remain blank unless i do the same. I think I shouldn't have upgraded.

Using Yosemite 10.10.1 and Evernote 6.0.3.

Nevermind, i just upgraded to EV 6.0.5 and that seems to fix the issue ..

Same thing here. Can't see my notes in mac. To see a note i must open the note and wait like 3 minutes for its content to show up. All other notes remain blank unless i do the same. I think I shouldn't have upgraded.

Using Yosemite 10.10.1 and Evernote 6.0.3.

Same issue for me today with Mac version 6.0.3 (451151 App Store). I could see text in the card view but not in the actual note. After a minute or two the text appeared, but then I couldn't edit it. When I clicked on the text with the mouse, I just a "bonk" sound. I was able to edit the note through the web interface.

• Level 5

I just saw this: https://discussion.e...e-2#entry331456 which suggests that the direct download version might be the better choice.

Well Evernote 6.0.3 just had the blank note problem again. It had been resolved with the last update but now I have to wait 30 seconds for a note to appear again. I tried logging out, restarts, etc. No luck.

Are you using the direct download version?

I'm also having this issue with my Mac (Evernote 6.0.3). Some of the notes say they were created in the year 1970, but the updated date is right. Not sure what is going on... It does "load" the note after a few minutes, but the spacing/text is distorted. I've attached photos. 

ow2kI1f.jpg

c3SbgzL.jpg

• Level 5*

Evernote's KB article about the v6.x release and subsequent problems...
https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#/article/105269246

Blog item on 6.x -
http://blogs.canoe.ca/canoetech/signs-of-the-times/evernote-6-for-mac-update-may-cause-files-to-appear-lost/

Most important tip about the latest version (6.0.3)  seems to be to reboot the device after the update and allow Evernote to reindex its database.

Same problem here. Worked for a day or two and just now i can't view any of my notes. Ridiculous. I spent last night and this morning taking chunks of notes & files out of Evernote as I'm not going to risk my data with Evernote or any app (such a laborious task!), but now i can't even take anything out.... This is real problem. I don't want to scaremonger but i think this problem highlights the danger of relying on an 'everything' app to manage your data. Ill be keeping all my data in native files on my hard drive from now on. Truly bye bye Evernote, it was good until 6.0.

After I updated evernote to 6.0.3, all notes on my mac are empty.

When I select any note, the content is blank. If I wait more than one minute, the content will show with a mess layout. If I re-open the note, it will become blank again.

How could you release this version with such a Big Bug?!

Please tell me how to fix it, thanks.

post-239970-0-03491600-1417837737_thumb.

Just happened to me too. Info appears in the tile view, but none in the note itself.

In case it's helpful: The bug appeared when I synced immediately after adding a note from the chrome clip extension. 

Something similar happened last week, but then the titles disappeared as well (notes I tried to look at became 'untitled' until the problem cleared up a day or two later).  This may have correlated with use of the chrome extension as well, but I'm not sure. At the time the problem propagated from my mac to ios. I'm not sure how it fixed itself, but it may have been a system restart on the mac that did it. 

Hope this gets cleared up soon!  I've been thinking of switching to evernote from various other systems, but won't do it if this kind of thing happens often!

I have been working without any problems on my MacBook Air and a few minutes ago all my notes turned empty. The problem occurs both on my local notebook and my online notebooks.

Like patrik92 I can see part of the content in the thumbnails, but not when I open the note. On my iPhone I can see the whole content of the non-local notebooks.

As my most important stuff is saved in the local notebook, I don't think re-installing is an option. I guess if I do that, I lose my content.

I just restarted my Mac and now the notes are back. Hope this bug will be fixed soon!

I have been working without any problems on my MacBook Air and a few minutes ago all my notes turned empty. The problem occurs both on my local notebook and my online notebooks.

Like patrik92 I can see part of the content in the thumbnails, but not when I open the note. On my iPhone I can see the whole content of the non-local notebooks.

As my most important stuff is saved in the local notebook, I don't think re-installing is an option. I guess if I do that, I lose my content.

Archived