Where's the "Tools" Menu

Grahame

First off, these can only be accessed on the desktop client. Not on mobile nor web clients.

If you're on Desktop, it will be super difficult to miss the Tools menu - Right at the top of your window, 6th from the right (Windows)

On the Windows Desktop client: To add an import folder, you need to access Tools > Import Folders... > Add

Hi @SMHall,

This is not the desktop client as such... perhaps a little confusion related to terminology.

Your screenshot is of the web client, which you open in a desktop browser. You need to download the desktop client directly from: evernote.com/download/ and install it on your Mac. There you will see the Tools menu. You will not find a tools menu/ toolbar on the web client.

The main reason I use import folders is for when I want to create a new note for each of multiple files that I want to drop into Evernote at once - i.e. without having to drop them into the Note List one by one. If you drop a folder into the Windows client, or multiple files at once, it will pop all of them into one note.

I can't remember if this works on Mac - but I can swear that I saw my wife drop a folder into the Note List and had individual notes created for each file therein. Maybe someone could confirm this. My wife no longer uses Evernote despite my proselyting.  :P (This has nothing to do with import folders on Mac).

• Level 5*

I have found the following AppleScript to be the best Import solution for EN Mac.  I have used it for years now.

Evernote Import Folder Using AppleScript from Veritrope.com

You can drop multiple files into the user designated folder and it creates one Note per file.

It is also easy to customize so you can do things like set the Note Created Date to the File Created Date.

• 2 years later...

In my Evernote 6.11 for Mac, I don’t see a Tools item: my top-level menu items are File/Edit/View/Note/Format/Window/Help and in none of them do a find a Tools submenu. Where is it?

Background: I use Evernote on two Macs. In one, at one point I was offered the option to view Notes in tabs within windows, and I’ve regretted it ever since. Now in Support, I can’t find how to disable this feature in support. Though I do find, for instance, advice pointing to places like: "Tools / Options / Note / New Note Options / Create new note in a new window" so I figure it's in the submenu I don't have. Thanks!

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, FelixKramer said:

In my Evernote 6.11 for Mac, I don’t see a Tools item: my top-level menu items are File/Edit/View/Note/Format/Window/Help and in none of them do a find a Tools submenu. Where is it?

Background: I use Evernote on two Macs. In one, at one point I was offered the option to view Notes in tabs within windows, and I’ve regretted it ever since. Now in Support, I can’t find how to disable this feature in support. Though I do find, for instance, advice pointing to places like: "Tools / Options / Note / New Note Options / Create new note in a new window" so I figure it's in the submenu I don't have. Thanks!

Hi.  The Tools menu is a Windows feature - your settings will be in Preferences (I think - Windows user here...)

• 9 months later...
  • Level 5
44 minutes ago, duncanduncan said:

Is there no way to get to "tools" menu on a chromebook running evernote? 

Are you using the Evernote for Windows program, or the Web interface (or something else)? The Web interface hasn't got a Tools menu, I presume since most of what is covered there in the Windows (and Mac?) programs wouldn't apply to the Web version.

Archived