Feature Request: Left and right sidebar

zaxxon

Idea

So far the customisation of Evernote works pretty well, but on a notebook screen vertical real estate is a very scarce resource. I therefore am asking not only for a left sidebar/pane for Notebooks/Tags/Notes/Premium/…, but also for a right pane. And that I can choose myself which part I want to display on which side. Saved searches on the left, tags on the right? You got it! Notes on the left, notebooks on the right? Sure, have it your way!

This would make many workflows much quicker. And if someone doesn’t want to use it, it doesn’t get into their way because they can still have everything on the left.

How realistic is the possibility of this getting implemented?

thanks for the good work on 6.0 on the mac. yes, I like it!

3 replies to this idea

So far the customisation of Evernote works pretty well, but on a notebook screen vertical real estate is a very scarce resource. I therefore am asking not only for a left sidebar/pane for Notebooks/Tags/Notes/Premium/…, but also for a right pane. And that I can choose myself which part I want to display on which side. Saved searches on the left, tags on the right? You got it! Notes on the left, notebooks on the right? Sure, have it your way!

This would make many workflows much quicker. And if someone doesn’t want to use it, it doesn’t get into their way because they can still have everything on the left.

How realistic is the possibility of this getting implemented?

thanks for the good work on 6.0 on the mac. yes, I like it!

I think your suggestion would be my worst nightmare....

I use Evernote in supplementation with other apps.. whether it be safari... Office, Powerpoint, Excel... etc...

My Evernote always takes half screen.... What you are suggesting would make Evernote Unusable....

In Fact I need the left side bar snippet view to be expandable/collapsable so I have more space.

Why do you say vertical is a scarce resource? you can change top list view to a different view..

Hi,

vertical space is scarce because by going from 4:3 to 16:9 or 10, we lost vertical pixels in relation to horizontal pixels, or put another way, we didn't gain any vertical pixels while screens got wider.

If you have a few saved searches and a few tags, this doesn't fit into the vertical space I have at my disposal on my notebook screen. So being able to choose to have one on the right, the other one on the left would be great flexibility.

I don't say it would have to be mandatory to have two sidebars for everyone. EN just should give us the possibility to choose.

Archived