How do I get support from support

Wayne K

I have a problem with the Evernote application crashing every time I start it.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application, and restarted my computer many times to no avail.  I have discussed in 'chat' and he couldn't help but was going to send me something which I did not get.  I have submitted support tickets and have not received any reply.  So here I am in the forum to see if I can get some help......  This is the error I get:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error

Program: C:\Program Files(x86)\Evernote\Evernote\Evernote.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the applications support team for more information.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Well if you've been talking to Chat it seems like you've already been in touch with Support,  and you should have a ticket number for your original report.  Raising more tickets is just spamming the system - you'd do better responding to the emails you should have received.  If you're not getting emails,  I'd guess your account address is out of date or incorrect,  or your spam folder is getting the mails.  To check your account email address,  go to Evernote.com and log in via the web page menu - have a look at Settings (bottom left) to check the address.

As to the update issue,  uninstall/ reinstall should have done the trick unless you have other disk space/ memory issues.  Try the following..

Backup the database folder somewhere safe,  just in case.   Then uninstall/ reinstall -  https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/24422932  (You obviously won't be able to export notes as it describes,  but reinstalling the app shouldn't affect your database.)

Its extremely frustrating to say the least. I am having issues with search. Its a simple problem: Evernote cannot find documents when I search for certain terms. If I have 10 documents with "77810" in the body it will find 8 or 9 but not all 10, etc. I tried chat and they reverted me to email and I get one email a day from them if I'm lucky suggesting me to do things I've already done (when I first was "chatting").

At this rate I'm never gonna get my issue resolved. I wonder how many others have this issue and don't know about it...

• Level 5*

Chat is great when you can solve someone's problem immediately, usually via the standard suggestions (which are often "standard" because they have some history of success). Doesn't work so hot when you need to get a developer type to do some investigation for you; generally those types have other work that they need to do, as well, and need to schedule support questions around that.

As to how many people have a problem they don't know about...  ???

Funny. :)

Archived