Evernote install

JACQUI ELLIS

Hi I installed a new version of evernote today on my laptop as per email received today from evernote

"As of December 10th, we will no longer be supporting the version of Evernote for Windows (5.0.3.1614) that you currently use. In order to avoid interruptions in your Evernote app’s ability to sync, please update to a newer version of Evernote for Windows by December 10, 2014."

I am unable to run it as it says it was installed by an administator! Me! I am worried i willbe unable to continue to use evernote successfully in the future without the update

I aplogise if this is the wrong place to post however I am new to the forum

Thank you :)

• Level 5*

Hi.  You say "I am unable to run it" - do you mean uninstall Evernote?  Or run the update installer?  If you're an Admin for your device there shouldn't be a problem either way.

If all else fails, 

• make sure Evernote isn't running.
  • backup your database folder which should be here - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\Databases
  • uninstall Evernote via Control Panel
  • Download a new version and install it.

Hi.  You say "I am unable to run it" - do you mean uninstall Evernote?  Or run the update installer?  If you're an Admin for your device there shouldn't be a problem either way.

If all else fails, 

• make sure Evernote isn't running.
  • backup your database folder which should be here - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\Databases
  • uninstall Evernote via Control Panel
  • Download a new version and install it.

Thank you for your reply. I googled it in the end. I got round the problem of running the latest version after install by right clicking on the evernote icon after installation on desktop and chose run as Administrator! Many thanx. Have a great evening :)

Archived