app crashes after taking photo

• Level 5*

See Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug, crash, or data lost", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.

You might try these fixes:

1. Restart your phone
  2. Delete the Evernote app, restart, reinstall Evernote
  • 5 months later...

I have the same problem. When taking a photo in either Scannable or Evernote the Evernote or Scannable App just crashes. No photo taken nor recorded. This is a relatively new problem (one or two weeks). Both Apps probably are using the same code for photo taking and there is a bug in that module. For me it is definitely a nuisance and a bug so please fix this as soon as possible because it heavily impacts my productivity. Thank you Evernote!!

In the past day or so I have just started to experience this problem.  I believe the Evernote app was recently updated which I assume is the reason this is occurring.  I'm using an iPhone 6.  Anyone else experiencing this problem?

I've been experiencing this issue for months.  Both Evernote and Scannable crash immediately upon taking a photo in auto or manual mode.  Interestingly they don't crash when I put the phone into airplane mode, or if I import a previously taken photo.  I keep hoping with each app update this issue will be fixed so I can start scanning again.  iPhone 6+ 128GB (25GB free) iOS 8.3

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, for me, this bug re-occured. For whatever reason it worked for some weeks, but now it's back and it crashes immediately after successfully taking the first photo, and on any occassion after that except when I reboot the device - then I can take one shot (and the next one will fail). What a nightmare, all these beautiful Moleskine journals are waiting for being imported....

On iPhone 4S, running iOS 8.3 app (everything up-to-date) crashes when using camera. Very annoying! Restart, de-install etc. works for a short period, then bugs occurs again. Please advise. I'm almost at a stage of totally abandoning Evernote...

• Level 5*

Evernote continues to have major camera issues even after several updates since Ver 7.7.

Everyone who is experiencing these crashes is advised to submit a bug report so Evernote is fully aware.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

So, here's what I did to 'so far' correct the 6+ 'crash' issue using card scan. 

* deleted the app, restart (not sure if that helped)

* changed settings under camera: large photo scan to medium

* disconnected Linked In, then re-connected Linked In

Now it seems to work fine. 

• Ex Employees

I can confirm that this is a known issue, mostly on the 6 and 6+. Our developers are indeed aware and are working on a fix for a future release. 

Here are a few workarounds that have been successful, at least temporarily:

• Quitting all open apps.
  • Rebooting your iOS device.
  • Reinstalling the Evernote application.
  • Clearing the cache (EN Settings > Support > Clear Cache).

We do understand that this is a frustrating issue, but we are working on it and hope to have it resolved soon.
  • Level 5*

I can confirm that this is a known issue, mostly on the 6 and 6+. Our developers are indeed aware and are working on a fix for a future release. 

• Clearing the cache (EN Settings>Support>Clear Cache).

We do understand that this is a frustrating issue, but we are working on it and hope to have it resolved soon.

Sorry, but I don't consider any of those as practical workarounds.

IMO, a much better workaround is to use another app to take the photo and send to Evernote.

For scanning, one of my favorites is GeniusScan+.  It works very well, and has NEVER crashed on me.

Immediately after you take a photo, you can send to Evernote (and other apps).

• 1 month later...

• Clearing the cache (EN Settings > Support > Clear Cache).

This status has been reported for something like 3 months now, and it still crashes on my 6+. This is getting beyond ridiculous. It crashes every single time I try to capture a document, unless I've just restarted the phone. It can't be difficult to reproduce, and if you can reproduce it, you should be able to fix it.

I'm getting the impression that Evernote doesn't actually care about this problem, and has it assigned to a low priority.

• 5 months later...

Still occurring iOS9 Evernote 7.9.2.318622 iPhone 6+. Can't believe this is still happening after this was reported 2 years ago in multiple threads. 

This is why evernote execs are departing in droves and it is exhibit 1 in unicorns that failed to meet expectations. Here's where I start looking for evernote alternatives.

• 1 year later...

Archived