Evernote keeps crashing ("not responding") after PC in sleep mode

tpcon

I close my laptop cover, and have it set to "sleep".  PC at Windows 7.  I update Evernote when I get notices, so it is up to date.

When I come back and open the PC cover and try to use Evernote, I usually find (maybe 80%+ of the time) that it is "not responding".  NOTE this is not a case where I was using Evernote, and it appeared to crash. Its simply that I go back to the window, and the instant I click anywhere, its says "Not responding"...and it never comes back (have waited pretty long on more than one occasion).  Only choice is to go to task manager, end task, and re-start. NOTE this behavior has persisted through several upgrades.

So, of course this is inconvenient and a hassle.

Want to know if anybody has any suggestions.   Any suggestions?? NOTE no other application has this behavior, so it does not appear to be a "PC problem".

Thanks,

tom

• Level 5*

I sleep multiple Win 7 PCs on a daily basis, and don't have this problem, so I can't hazard a guess. I'd check your memory availability (using Task Manager, or better, Process Explorer), check the Evernote activity log (Help / Activity Log) to see if there's anything suspicious going on at the time of the crash (though it may not get captured), and open a support request (see https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/51807-best-practices-submitting-a-support-ticket/).

Jefito - 

Thanks for the response.

I don't think i will get information from the activity log, as whenever you re-launch Evernote, it appears to re-start a new activity log.

I just re-launched Evernote (was hung, "Not Responding" so killed it in Task Manager).

Upon restart, at the top of the log is the following.  The time stamp corresponds to when i re-launched Evernote.  So, it does not appear to give me information on what was happening at the time that Evernote actually crashed.

Thanks!

Tom

====the log (first few lines of 384 entries).  Note that the "opened" time corresponds to when i re-started Evernote.  No earlier information.=======

Log opened on 2014/12/06 18:53:19 (UTC-8:00)

18:53:20 [16304] Command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\Evernote.exe" 
18:53:20 [16304] Client info: Evernote Windows/273753; Windows/6.1.7601 Service Pack 1;
18:53:20 [16304] Bootstrap info: Evernote (loadedLastUsed)
18:53:22 [24740] Requesting bootstrap info from "www.evernote.com" (en-US)
18:53:22 [24740] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/user
18:53:27 [24740] Bootstrap info: request to "www.evernote.com" returned profiles: Evernote
18:53:27 [24740] Bootstrap info: Evernote (loadedFresh)
18:53:33 [16304] Loaded session count: 0, last session: (none)
18:53:34 [22208] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/shard/s106/utility

Archived