PLEASE HELP, Evernote search deletes note titles...

wretaudio

Idea

I am searching for very important notes I created months ago. When I search for the note and select a note to view from the list genreated during the search, the title of the selected note is erased and then synced. Now if is almost impossible to find these notes now that the titles of the notes have been erased. Please let me know if there is a way to get these back.

System Details:

Evernote for Mac v 6.0

on 

OSX Yosemite

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBP101.00EE.B05

SMC Version (system): 2.3f36

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

It sounds like you have upgraded to EN Mac 6.0, AppStore version.  This version has known bugs that cause the issues you are seeing.  Most likely all of your Notes are still there, just not being properly processed by Ver 6.0.  However, your Titles may be lost and will need to be recreated.

At this point, I would recommend that you do NOT use Ver 6.0 any more to avoid losing more of your Note Titles.

Your choices now are:

1. Switch to Direct D/L Ver 6.0.3 which has fixed these bugs
    See Evernote Mac v6.0.3 Released
  2. Wait for an update to the AppStore version to be released, which is due any day now.
    You can use EN Web until the update.

I am searching for very important notes I created months ago. When I search for the note and select a note to view from the list genreated during the search, the title of the selected note is erased and then synced. Now if is almost impossible to find these notes now that the titles of the notes have been erased. Please let me know if there is a way to get these back.

System Details:

Evernote for Mac v 6.0

on 

OSX Yosemite

A solution could be to make a search for: Untitled

This will bring up all the notes with no titles... From there you can name them appropriately, and sort everything out.

6.0.3. has just been released at the app store. This should fix the problem from persisting and repeating itself.

System Details:

Evernote for Mac v 6.0

on 

OSX Yosemite

A solution could be to make a search for: Untitled

This will bring up all the notes with no titles... From there you can name them appropriately, and sort everything out.

6.0.3. has just been released at the app store. This should fix the problem from persisting and repeating itself.

Just to be extra specific, the exact search syntax would be:

intitle:untitled
intitle:untitled

Thank you. Very useful information.

How do you know all these specific Syntax commands?

Is it because of your knowledge in programming? Or are these std. Evernote commands available for our use?

Is there a list somewhere?

Edit: ok Kind of answered my own Question.

https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php

Thank you anyways

Archived