Tags and Categories in Beta

micahbales

Idea

Hi folks,

I like the way Beta looks, but I'm not using it because I can't figure out how to do basic operations in the new system.

For example, I can't figure out how to create new tags, add tags to notes, or delete tags. 

I also can't figure out how to organize my notebooks. For example, if I create a new notebook, I don't know how to put it in a category/set.

Are there tutorials for this kind of basic stuff somewhere, because I'm not finding it self-explanatory.

Thanks!

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Welcome to the forum.

For example, I can't figure out how to create new tags, add tags to notes, or delete tags.

When you edit a note at the top left of the note you can change the notebook and add tags. When you start typing, existing tags which match the entered text appear. If you enter an unknown tag and press enter it will be added.

Deleting tags is not possible at the moment. Nested tags are also not possible.

I also can't figure out how to organize my notebooks. For example, if I create a new notebook, I don't know how to put it in a category/set.

Notebooks can only be created but not organized in stacks at the moment.

Are there tutorials for this kind of basic stuff somewhere, because I'm not finding it self-explanatory.

No. The features are so limited that there is no real need for a tutorial. I think this was the intention of this interface. Only provide very basic features for an undistracted writing. And this is basically what it provides: you can write but not much more.

Archived