Notes won't open? (mac 10.9.5)

Eceni

Idea

Hi

This is my first time on the forum... because it's the first time EverNote has failed to work... I have a dozen or so that I use regularly. Today, for the first time, they're all present, but none of them opens to a click. 

I updated a few days ago, but they've been working smoothly since. 

Is there something I should do that I haven't done, or should not have done that I have done? 

it's paralysing my work (and if I have to start uninstalling and re-installing, this will be my last use of EverNote, my life doesn't have time for that, truly)

many thanks

Eceni

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Welcome to the forum.

If you are using the Mac App Store 6.0 these are my recommendations:

2. Give your Mac some time to re-index. Meanwhile you may read SoftwareMarcus’s response.
3. Reboot your Mac, some users reported that this cured their problems.
4. Make sure you have a backup of your data (Enex export and Time Machine) especially when using local notebooks.
5. Download the lastest version (6.0.2) from the Evernote site!
6. And for a secure removal and re-installation read this.
7. Reboot again.
8. Good Luck!

Hi,

I'm having the same issue after upgrading the app store version of Evernote to 6.0. I have tried may of the things stated above and I still can't see my notes. If I leave it for a while then the note comes up but it seems to loose the title. Everything worked fine prior to the update.

For your own sanity, reinstalling the web site version of Evernote will make your heart skip a few beats as the web site version looks for notes in a completely different location then the app version. I thought I had lost everything but after loading the app store version again all the notes showed up. However, I'm still having the issue where notes show up when they want to, eve local notes.

Any other help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Level 5

For your own sanity, reinstalling the web site version of Evernote will make your heart skip a few beats as the web site version looks for notes in a completely different location then the app version.

If you follow all steps in the post provided by JMichael in No 6. local notes will not be lost. But it is correct, the database location in the direct download version 6.0.2 is different from the one in the App Store. Therefore, the notes from local notebooks have to be exported to Enex files and re-imported after the upgrade.

Thanks for the reply. I just finished re-importing everything back.

Is there a way to back up or export the entire database instead of doing one notebook at a time? You can select all notes but then you have to keep track what notes go in what notebooks.

• Level 5

Thanks for the reply. I just finished re-importing everything back.

Is there a way to back up or export the entire database instead of doing one notebook at a time? You can select all notes but then you have to keep track what notes go in what notebooks.

I don't think so. Some information will be lost when exporting/importing via Enex like the notebook and also note links. Therefore, I recommend to do this only for local notebooks when you are sure all other notes have been sync'ed to the Evernote server. Of course a complete TimeMachine backup is always a good idea.

Thanks, all - rebooting the machine worked for me... great relief.  'Get out of the car, close the doors, get back in again and see if it starts' - should have done that first, before the panic. 

many thanks to all who replied. 

E

Archived