Note Collaboration Issues?

Hey everyone. I have researched this on Google to try and find a solution, but it has lead to no success. 

My client has 2 computers in the front of his office. He calls the Front Desk, Back Desk. His employees work off these two computers to handle all the misc. tasks that happen at this front desk. 

He is an Evernote Business subscriber and all his employees have their own login for EB.

I set them up a daily tasks notebook with a template of their daily task list in the notebook which they copy and create a note off of every day. 

The issue they are running into now is: 1 employee will be logged in and working on the task list, but this causes the task list to become unusable by the other employee.

The other employee sees the icon of the employee who is editing the note as well as sees a blue box around the note (snippet view) with an arrow pointed up. 

While the note is like this, the employee who is not editiing the note can click the note, but cannot type or check boxes off.

The funny thing is, when the editing employee clicks a different note and leaves the subject note, the note is still "locked", even after syncing on both machines. 

I tested this from my office to his (I am also a user in his group while we get him set up), and I was able to edit the note, sync and then he saw the changes immediately on his end. He then made an edit and synced and I saw his changes. I never left the note at all and we were able to "collaborate" pretty much in real-time (using sync) without any locks or blocking of editing. 

Any ideas on this? (Sorry for the long winded note, I hope I was able to explain the situation clearly).

Sorry, one more thing... 

It seems as though if left alone, the note will free itself back up and become editable by someone else. But the timeframe is unknown and seems to differ from time to time.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this happening for large periods? i.e longer than 10 minutes...?

In my experience after a minute (at most) it always unlocks.. Especially if they sync and exit note...

Maybe one of your clients is double clicking a note.. Leaving it open in a new window.. its hiden somewhere in the windows/OSX interface, and he is exiting the note in the "snippet view".. yet the manually open window is still open somewhere.

Essentially he thinks he has quit the note, but he has it still open...

Then when the first user does quit for real... The second user might need to refresh/resync the note manually before he can start editing.

This is yet another issue with being forced to work with only loose windows everywhere instead of tabs and an expanding/closing snippet view for more space.

Archived