Odd behaviour since upgrade.

Hi,

I'm a Premium user. Since upgrading to 6.0.2 on my iMac, (running Mavericks) my Evernote has developed an odd quirk. If I type something in the menubar helper and click 'save to Evernote,' the main programme opens. This never used to happen. Have I missed something, or is this a bug? I've raised a ticket with support, (four days and counting...) but I've had no response. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

p.s. I've re-booted the Mac, downloaded Evernote direct from the Evernote site, not the Mac app store. Still the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I see the same behavior. :-(

I did notice when Evernote isn't running, it doesn't pop up... but who wants to keep Evernote closed all the time...?

I posted a similar gripe about the main Evernote window obnoxiously popping up in this thread.

Please post back the results of your support ticket! :-)

~Bob

Hi,

I've been advised to uninstall Evernote and download and install the beta version. The instructions given are here below.

"To uninstall and reinstall the Beta version of Evernote for Mac, follow these steps:

1. If Evernote is running, press Command + Q to quit the Evernote application
  2. Open the Applications folder and drag Evernote to the Trash
  3. Right-click (or Ctrl + Click) on the Trash and selectEmpty Trash
  4. Reboot your computer
  5. Download and install Evernote for Mac fromwww.evernote.com/download
  6. Drag the Evernote icon into your Applications folder
  7. Open Evernote and login to your Evernote account
  8. Go to Evernote > Preferences > Software Updateand select Update to beta versions when available

However, if you do not feel comfortable updating to a beta, you can simply wait for the next full release of a new version of Evernote where this will be fixed."

Having skimmed some of the posts regarding beta, I think I'll just wait.

H.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
12 hours ago, hatamoto1961 said:

I used appcleaner to find all the files associated with en, trashed them all, trashed en, restarted and reinstalled from the en site

This suggests to me that AppCleaner did NOT find all of the related files.  I recommend AppDelete.

• Level 5*
On January 23, 2016 at 0:08 AM, hatamoto1961 said:

>It's becoming such an irritation that I'm actively searching for an alternative to evernote.

>I'm beginning to question whether a premium account is worth the cost.

Yes, still there for me (save to Evernote and the main program opens)

I do find it an irritant, not so serious that I even took steps to try and fix it.

Why is it that this problem has affected you so deeply?

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, JMichaelTX said:

You are beginning to sound like a therapist.  I'm not sure that is needed or wanted here.

Gee, I'm offending people again. 
I apologize again, and am withdrawing from this discussion,

OK,

for anyone interested. Support have told me that this is actually built in to the system. It seems odd, to me, to build in a behaviour that is less useful than what was there before. I have come to expect that sort of thing from Apple, but I rather hoped that Evernote was committed to improving their products.

As for why it bothers me - I'm a premium user; I pay for this product. I would be unhappy to buy a car, discover that one cylinder stops working only to be told that, 'we built it that way, and hey, the other three work fine, so what's the problem?'

• 2 weeks later...

Archived