Evernote Yosemite: Only System Beep, no Click possible

Gerhard Uhlhorn

Idea

Hi,

today I want to use Evernote*, but after the start of the application I can’t do anything. Every click produces a system beep. I can not get the menu, I can not reach the dock, and I can not leave the full screen mode. Perhaps a requester in the background is blocking all mouse and keyboard interactions. The only I can do is force quit Evernote.

How can I fix this problem?

____

* I use Evernote only a couple times per year

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5

OK, step by step:

My database is in the following directory:

"/Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote/accounts/www.evernote.com/<account id>"

Are you familiar with the 'terminal' application and some unix commands (cd, ls) to find out whether yours is in the same directory?

Another question: Are you using unsync'ed local notebooks?

Are you familiar with the 'terminal' application and some unix commands (cd, ls) to find out whether yours is in the same directory?

Yes Sir!

For /Users/<user name>/… You can also write: ~/… You are talking to an advanced user.  :)

No Sir.

• Level 5

Yes Sir!

For /Users/<user name>/… You can also write: ~/… You are talking to an advanced user.  :)

No Sir.

OK, good to know and I think we also could continue in german but let it be easier for others to follow.

Now, since you are not using local notebooks you just could

• move the Evernote directories to a safe place
  • download V6.0.3 from the Evernote site
  • delete the old application from the applications directory or use an uninstaller app
  • install the new version
  • start it and wait for you notes to download

Good luck Gerhard and Best Regards from Stuhr!

Bernd

Archived