Sync fails

I've had the same issue since upgrading to version 6.0.2 for OS X Yosemite about a week ago. The activity log contains the following entry:

"Error Domain=ENSyncEngineErrorDomain Code=-1005 \"Synchronization failed.\" UserInfo=0x618000263040 {NSLocalizedDescription=Synchronization failed., exception=TTransportException: Bad response from HTTP server: 503, NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Synchronization failed because of an error communicating with the Evernote servers.  Please try again later.}"

The failure occurs regardless of network and location i.e. replicated on my laptop on both my home and work networks.

I have also tried re-installing Evernote to no avail.

There are multiple threads on this.  Many of us are experiencing this issue.

Multiple folks have submitted multiple trouble tickets and not received responses.  They are also not responding to the chat line from their support site.  Not sure what's going on over there....

I cannot sync either on any platform! It really begins to annoy me. I have been trying to get in touch with Evernote through this forum, by sending in a ticket and by sending (direct and regular) messages via Twitter. No success on either of these platforms. I really am relying on this software and love it most of the time, but there is stuff in there that I can't get out now!!! 

Evernote should start taking this matter serious. I haven't changed (as I am aware of) anything to my setup (iphone, ipad, macbook pro all running latest os's).

So please help!!!

Benjamin

• Level 5*

To answer the OP's question,  Evernote should be syncing normally unless you have a software issue.  To check Evernote's current status - http://status.evernote.com/ or Twitter @evernotestatus

For the other posters here,  please see the other threads on Yosemite issues for example - https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/78421-evernote-for-mac-6-mac-app-store-version-notes-not-loading-untitled-note-or-slowness-issues/#entry329367

I have a somewhat different syncing problem that has been going on more than a month now. When I bought a new Surface Pro 3 in late October, I installed Evernote (I have been a premium user for a number of years and have more than 20,000 notes) and found that it repeatedly crashed after syncing just a few hundred notes. I cleaned out AppData files, reinstalled many times, etc., etc., but nothing worked. I got in touch with Evernote support on the 28th of October and since then have had a few sporadic emails from them, but no one has yet offered me a viable solution.

So I am reluctantly adding to the chorus of voices heard elsewhere on this forum about Evernote's increasingly mediocre reliability and support. I am in the middle of a big scholarly project that has almost come to a stop since October, and just a few days ago, in desperation, I transferred all the material over to OneNote. (I chose OneNote mainly because I needed good collaborative features.) For the moment, I'm still undecided about all the other data I have stored in Evernote, which is wonderfully useful program but not of much use to me if it doesn't work on my second computer.

Archived