REQUEST: Let me share a saved search

Hi Evernote (and Evernote users)

I am a regular user of Evernote for at least 5 or 6 years.

The latest version, Evernote 6, seems to have omitted the ability to save my searches - or at least I can't seem to be able to do it anymore despite the comments in this article. If someone can lead me - please do.

Anyway this is not my major request.

I completely fail to see why I need to organize my notes in notebooks. This is an old artifact from ancient times and has no meaning in present days. If I need a "notebook" I would add a tag for that. Instead, I use tags all over to ensure I can find my notes using the right combination of tag names - sometimes combined with text search.

Many of my notes are receipts and bills from my company, so if search for the tags 'Bills' and 'Year2014' I get what I need for my accountant. The obvious action would be to create a saved search and share it solely with my accountant. And here comes the limitation: It can't be done!

The first argument would probably be - hey, just move 'em to a notebook and share that one. But the instant I need to provide another projection of my notes (i.e all the software I've bought for the past 5 years) I would need to move a bunch of them - potentially ruining the original collection of notes I shared with my accountant.

My point is: Use tags! And let me share my saved searches. Hereby, I would keep my shared collections no matter which requirements I face in the future.

So my request to the Evernote team, please put the tag-engine in gear. You can keep the notebooks for backward compatibility and for users who insists upon staying hierarchal. This would generate a giant leap ahead of the note making competitors.

• Level 5*

Evernote has cleverly hidden the command to create a Saved Search.

After executing a Search, goto Edit > Find > Save Search

The latest version, Evernote 6, seems to have omitted the ability to save my searches - or at least I can't seem to be able to do it anymore despite the comments in this article. If someone can lead me - please do.

Archived