Syncing error - Windows 7

MickvH

Hi All,

My phone, tablet and web version/cloud all sync fine, but my windows version o my laptop wont sync any more.

stopped syncing notes new than two weeks old. tried everything, uninstalled, then cleared registries, etc etc. everything this layman could think off.

Now it only sync the skelleton, just the tags and the notebooks, but not the actual content.

Any ideas?

thanks,Mick

BasieBand,

Thanks for the info regarding this known bug. I too have not been able to sync in Windows 7 for a week. Did support give you any idea what the bug is? Any idea on what exactly is causing it? I would guess a lot of people are being affected by this. Thanks,

p1154

BasieBand,

Thanks for the info regarding this known bug. I too have not been able to sync in Windows 7 for a week. Did support give you any idea what the bug is? Any idea on what exactly is causing it? I would guess a lot of people are being affected by this. Thanks,

p1154

The following is typical of the responses I have received from support for the past several weeks.  Not very encouraging.

Korben D. (Evernote Support)

Nov 04 15:10

Thank you for your patience. I appreciate you taking the time to work with me as we work through this. This is a bug and I reported it to our product team for resolution. I’m not sure when the issue will be resolved.

I’m going to close your ticket. If you would like, I can notify you when your issue has been fixed and scheduled for release.

I encourage you to continue updating Evernote as new versions are released. Please keep checking the product forum (https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/126-evernote/) for the latest betas and releases.

Regards,

Korben D.

Basieband, thanks for the info you've provided.  Support has responded to me and also was not helpful.  Could someone from the evernote team please post a reply describing what this bug is and an estimate of when it will be fixed?  I'm sure that there are a lot of evernote windows users out there affected by this.  Not every evernote user has a mac!  Thanks!  

Same situation here...

Now, I pay evernote and I and it's an integral part of my daily workflow. Syncing is not a secondary feature of this product, so it's kinda unacceptable that this issue has not been fixed yet.

I'll probably dismiss the premium account tomorrow and switch over to MS one note.

Same situation here...

Now, I pay evernote and I and it's an integral part of my daily workflow. Syncing is not a secondary feature of this product, so it's kinda unacceptable that this issue has not been fixed yet.

I'll probably dismiss the premium account tomorrow and switch over to MS one note.

It simply makes no sense that they have not addressed this problem.

Not having any issues with sync here.  What version are you running?

5.7.2.5753.  I have uninstalled and tried older versions with similar results.  Support tells me to just wait for a new update, but it's been weeks.  

• Level 5*

Version is 5.7.0.5492, Win 7 Professional.  I tend to lag the releases, just in case.  Funny thing is others have upgraded to 5.7.2 with some issues, but none relating to syncing going paws up.  Have you done a rebuild of your data from the EN servers in addition to Revo uninstalling the software? 

The suggested fix* found here by gazumped, worked for me (I have synced successfully from the Win client after a full day of failures).

I should also mention though, that I uninstalled Evernote, and before I reinstalled, I renamed the application data folders and moved them. Then I reinstalled. Therefore I can't be certain if one or both actions were needed. BUT the person gazumped replied to, had also taken the uninstall & clean route, with no success, and THEN applied this easier suggestion, with good result.

*(changing TLS and SSL settings)

• Level 5*

Actually, I have seen lots of sync issues reported recently.  This includes EN Win 5.7.2 and prior.

If you want to see the threads/topics reporting sync issues, just click on the "sync" tag/button at the top of this page.

Here's a partial list:

Funny thing is others have upgraded to 5.7.2 with some issues, but none relating to syncing going paws up. 

I've already tried the SSL config change, and also tried to complete uninstall the program, with no luck.

Support is 100% unresponsive about the issue.

Actually, I have seen lots of sync issues reported recently.  This includes EN Win 5.7.2 and prior.

If you want to see the threads/topics reporting sync issues, just click on the "sync" tag/button at the top of this page.

I've already browsed the forums and all the issues seem to be related to SSL connection, which appears not to be my case. When it's not, no valid solution is given, so I'm stuck with an useless piece of SW.

Best

Disabling SSL and enabling TLS did not fix my sync problems. I believe there is bug in sync in the latest windows client that is affecting a lot of users. I don't think it is related to TLS or SSL and from what I've read uninstalling and reinstalling is not a fix.

• Level 5*

PITA for sure.  A few thoughts, pending any EN action:

1. Have you restarted your PC after/during a re-install utilizing Revo?
  2. Have you rebuilt your data base under 5.7.2?
  3. Do you have a copy of 5.7.0 executable to go backwards?

Full disclosure, I didn't go to 5.7.2 when it was first released based upon some issues that were reported, but none of those were sync related, that I saw anyway.  Lucky me as stated above.  I do think though that some other frequent posters are on 5.7.2 w/o sync issues.  They might be able to help if they see this thread.

PITA for sure.  A few thoughts, pending any EN action:

1. Have you restarted your PC after/during a re-install utilizing Revo?
  2. Have you rebuilt your data base under 5.7.2?
  3. Do you have a copy of 5.7.0 executable to go backwards?

Hi csihilling, thx for the input

1. yes

2. no - how do I do it? (btw after reinstalling my desktop evernote is empty and unable to download new notes, so I don't think it's something I can do)

3. no :-(

• Level 5*

2.  It gets a little more complicated if you have any local notebooks since you need to export those notes to an ENEX file.  Do you have any local notebooks?  

1. If you do have local notebooks export them to an ENEX file by notebook with the Tags value checked under options (right click the local note book, Export ....).  Save those files carefully.
  2. Find and move your EXB file, okay to the desktop.  Make sure it is no longer in the directory (Options - General - Evernote local files).
  3. Log out and back into EN on your desktop.
  4. This is when it should start a clean sync all of your notes from the EN server.
  5. If this works, Import the ENEX files from above using File - Import - Evernote Export Files.

There are more detailed descriptions of this process on the forum, you may want to search and review them since I am on the way out the door and am doing a bit of shorthand.  Sorry for that.

3.  Here is a link to a page with a link to EN 5.7.0.5492, on the right side of the page, should it get to the point where you want to go backwards.  http://filehippo.com/download_evernote  But be sure your existing data is intact before you consider that.  You know your technical skills.  

• 2 weeks later...

3.  Here is a link to a page with a link to EN 5.7.0.5492, on the right side of the page, should it get to the point where you want to go backwards.  http://filehippo.com/download_evernote  But be sure your existing data is intact before you consider that.  You know your technical skills.  

I've successfully rolled back, thanks :-)

Anyone knows if the new 5.8.1 resolves the problem?

best

Don't know on the 5.8.1.  I'm going to monitor the thread announcing its release for a few days before I take the plunge.  

I've installed it a couple of hours ago and it seems to have solved the sync problem (for me at least)

Don't know on the 5.8.1.  I'm going to monitor the thread announcing its release for a few days before I take the plunge.  

I've installed it a couple of hours ago and it seems to have solved the sync problem (for me at least)

I agree.  It seems to be working.  Finally!

Archived