Better email to notebook handling

Hello,

two things I miss about sending emails to evernote:

1. Direct email for notebooks

There should be an email address for each notebook. E-Mails could directly be sent to special mailboxes.

2. Tagging incoming emails

I'd like to add default tags like "new" to emails added to a notebook.

Jan

Good morning Jan,

Not sure why you are having problems emailing to a Notebook?

Go Tools, Account Info and pick up your Evernote email address.

I have a Notebook called:

CCC - Periodic Competition Entries

As the competition secretary of my camera club I tell all the members to email their digital competition entries with the following in the title:

@CCC - Periodic Competition Entries

The emails then go straight into that Notebook.

Very easy.

On top of this, I have a 'rule' in Outlook which also puts their email into a specific folder. 

Best regards

Chris

• Level 5

Hello Chris,

see me last answer:

I simply can't call Amazon and tell them "hey guys, please add a @orders to all of your emails you send to me." :-(

Jan

You are not using the Evernote email address as the one for your Amazon account are you?

What Chris meant was that you could use a rule in Outlook that adds e.g. '@orders' to all subjects of mails received from Amazon and forward them to your Evernote email address. This would be my solution as well.

Well amazon is just an example. But yes, emails from monitoring, event orders, etc. go or will go directly to Evernote. There quite a few emails where I do not have influence on the subject line. Amazon was just an example.

And email forwarding is not e mail client but a mail server task. I don't want to rely on client software for business automation, right?

• Level 5

Well, I would never give away my Evernote email address but that is your decision. I agree with you about the server/client issue but if there is no other way? Maybe you can find some possibilities using services like IFTTT, Zapier or Huginn.

Good luck.

I have used IFTT: I have a recipe set up that will forward any email message that has an attachment to my Evernote. So I wonder if you could have IFTT scan your emails for the sender "Amazon" and send those directly to your Evernote email address? I understand that still doesn't solve the issue of changing the email's subject line to add a notebook name or tag. But it DOES at least get the email into your Evernote default notebook. Granted, then you have the added step of manually moving each note out of there and into the desired notebook, tagging it, etc. 

Archived