Videos being removed when moving notes to another notebook

Hi,

I am a teacher, and recently had my students use ExplainEverything (an iPad app) to take pictures and do a screen cast explanation of their work. ExplainEverything allows for users to export their videos directly to their Evernote accounts. This was done, no problem; however, the only option to export from EE to EN was to the students' default, personal folder. No problems here.

The issue came next. Each student has a separate folder, which I created and shared individually with each student and his/her parent(s). I had my students move their uploaded EE video note from their personal folder to their shared folder. As soon as they did this, the video was lost along the way. Any text that was typed in, shows up on my end, but no video (which is what I want). This is also the case for the students.

From an EN perspective, is there an issue with moving notes, with attached .mp4 files, from one notebook to another?

Thanks,

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hi - sorry that your note was orphaned for a while - it's been a little busy around here..

You mention that your students are moving notes from their personal folder to a shared folder.  That shouldn't lose the attach MP4 files,  though it clearly is a problem..  Once a student has selected a note to transfer,  exactly how is it moved?  What menus/ commands are being used?  Has anyone tried copying the note and moving a copy?

Archived